Chapter 7 - Amnesia

My name is Ana Jones.

Now, that is the only thing I am sure about.

After the Accident I went to the hospital.

I woke up after two days with no memory of who I was or what had happened.

This woman, Karen was there. She came to me and told me that everything was going to be okay, that she was my mom and that my name was Ana Jones.

I tried to believe everything she said but I just couldn't.

Something didn't feel right and it seemed like she wasn't telling me everything , only saying what she wanted me to know.

And I hated her for that.

What kind of person does that?

Her obviously.

She even dodged every single question I asked her, so I was kinda of relieved when she left.

But someone else came in, not long after she was gone.

***
(You guys probably already know its a flashback)

A handsome guy came in and I felt like I knew him from somewhere.

"Hey babe", he said sitting on the hospital bed and taking my hand. "How are you doing?"

Did he just call me babe? I thought.

"I don't know, you tell me", I answered.

He grinned. I was starting to find him quite handsome.

"Do you remember me?"

"I actually don't remember anything or anyone". I told him.

"Did Karen tell you what happened?"

"Yes, she said that I fell in the stairs and hit my head."

"Okay, don't believe her. She isn't the carring mother she says she is. Actually she isn't even a mother. She's just a con artist trying to get away... with euhm... murder. She wants you all for herself."

Murder? I asked myself. What murder? And then all the memories came flooding back. My brother's death, my dad's betrayal, my mother's depression, Karen who tried to replace my mom, and... My boyfriend.

"Ashton?" I asked.

"Ya babe?" He asked smiling. "You remember me?"

"I thought you ran away." I said tearing up.

" Don't cry", he said. "I never ran away, it's a long story. But I would never run away from you. I love you."

"I love you more", I said sitting up on the bed, bringing my face closer to his. "I love you so much", I whispered to his ear.

He leaned forward putting his lips delicately on mine. We shared a passionate kiss before he pulled back a worried look on his face.

"Are you okay?" I asked him worried.

"I really have to go." He said getting up. "You can't tell anyone I was here."

"Wait." I said taking his hand. "Will I see you again?"

"You'll always see me, I'm always there, he said like a promise."

He leaned in and kissed me.

Then he was gone just like my amnesia. Finally, I remembered everything, and I couldn't trust anyone.

***