SEX AND THE CITY

EZGI POV

The colourful, scattered lights of Istanbul sparkle around me. In the apartments below, where I stand on the terrace, leaning on the balcony. In the tall tower block next to me with it's fluorescent neon sign and in the waterfront bulbs that shine in rows like a runway, down by the harbour.
It's 4am in the morning and out of all the women in the city, those behind their curtains, fast asleep in their beds or those getting taxi's home from nightclubs and bars, or those working the early or late shift...
I'm the one.
It actually happened.

Ozgur Atasoy took me home from La Gabbia.
I'm the one that he's...dating?
And I can't stop my heart from racing or my head from feeling giddy with the thought of it.

At 3am, after an hour of laying in bed, getting hotter and hotter, staring at his perfect chest and stomach and watching his sleeping body rise and fall, I decided that I needed to get a drink and some fresh air to try and reset myself to cope with being in this all new, bizarre dating game.

But even the cool, quiet, solitude, high above all the city distractions, doesn't make me any calmer

I'm still experiencing an inner buzz.

"What are you doing out here?"
His voice makes me start.
He's found me and I'd better think of something fast, because he's coming up the steps, bare chested in just his navy boxers, while pulling on one of his oversized vest tops.
"Oh, I was just watering my pineapple."
We both look down at the plant, by my feet. He scans the dry floor and from his lifted eyebrow, I know I'm busted.
"Where's the hose? Surely, you need a hose to water a pineapple."
He's smirking at me.
"Or, were the two of you just having a...private moment?"
I roll my eyes, but I'm smiling back. This man is almost certainly the cause and the cure to my restless state. He distracts me... in every way.
"Ozgur, did you buy me this plant just so you could think up naughty little innuendos with it?"
"I don't know what you mean. I bought it as symbol of our relationship. For our shared love of pineapples. I love pineapple, you love pineapple."
He leans in and pinches my blushed cheeks with the first two fingers of his right hand.
"Last night, we loved pineapple a lot."