Chapter 5

(Image above is what I picture Ryan to look like, of course without the makeup though.)

My first impression of my first party was not "woah" or "awe". It was more like "ew" and "what is that guy doing over there".

As I took my first steps into one of the few houses on the outskirts of New York CIty, I categorizd people into three giant groups.

The first group I saw were the crazy ones. The girls and boys who danced on tables and kept screaming with a drink in their hand, but weren't actually drinking it. They were my favorites, they were outgoing.

The next group were the couples, or not couples, making out on a couch. I guess the ones who were upstairs were in this group too. They disgusted me, they were on top of each other with people passing by them.

Next and final group were the chill ones, AKA the druggies. They were scattered in the little front yard when we came in and I'm guessing there are some in the makeshift backyard. That's where Lucas probably was, but he would have to find me if he wanted anything.

"This must be overwhelming." Nick said after a while.

"No." I laughed.

"Liar." Nick said slinging an arm around my shoulder.

"No, actually this is not suprising."

"So what do you do at these parties?" I added before he could respond.

"I'm usually playing beer pong or dancing." Nick said shrugging his shoulders.

"Usually with her." Nick said pointing his finger to a girl ont op of a small table in the living room. She had a smile plastered on her face as she moved her hips.

"Wow." I said admiring her.

She had long dark hair, darker than mine. She wore dark makeup but wasn't goth, and her clothes were quite showy. She was quite stunning and not usually the girls Nick went for.

"Introduce me." I said smiling.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Nick said as I dragged him to her.

"Nicholas." The girl squealed then jumped down from the short table.

She wrapped her small hands around his neck. She looked up to me still hugging Nick.

"Who's this?" She asked. Her deep blue eyes stared at me curiously. I couldn't tell if she was excited to meet one of Nick's friends or if she was jealous. Her expression was somewhere in between.

"Um just some girl I met a couple a minutes ago." Nick said shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh hey! I'm Nicholas' best friend, Elaine." Elaine said smiling brightly.

I almost narrowed my eyes at her, she claimed she was Nick's best friend. Also why did she call him Nicholas?

"Ryan." I said quietly.

"Weird name."

"I've never heard that one." I said with a bitter tone.

But for some reason Elaine still laughed.

"Do you guys want to play pool?" She asked smiling.

"We'll meet up with you." Nick said.

"K." She said then skipped away.

"You have thirty seconds to explain." I said not facing Nick.

"You have to listen to me."

"twenty five."