Chapter 4

I tapped my foot impatinetly on the carpet floor in the princiapal's office. I was eager to hear what she would tell me, if I could transfer Chemistry classes or not.

After the happiness wore off of me, Nick suggested I switched classes. The whole threatening thing has gotten out of control, I didn't want to be afraid anymore.

As I was thinking of Lucas, the principal walked in the room.

"Sorry darling, we can't let you switch classes. If you needed to switch, you had to have done it before first semester ended. I'll have a talk with Mr. Waters, and make sure he knows about the bullying going on in his class." Miss. Johnson said giving me a sad look.

I wanted to throw something at her, something big and heavy. I had told her I was being bullied in that class, to the point where I needed to escape. My throat was dry, as I tried to place a smile on my face.

"Well, thanks for trying." I squeaked, then I left before I would do something like cry.

"What'd she say?" Nick asked eagerly from outside her office. I kept walking because I couldn't stop, I would break down and cry. I had to keep moving, and I had to keep my mind blank.

"I can't switch." I said heading for nowhere.

"That's impossible! You're getting threatened."

"I may have left out that part." I said quietly. I had stopped finally, I was standing completely still now.

"That's why! Ryan go back and tell her that!" Nick shouted.

"I'm not a snitch." I said shrugging.

"Ry, come on. You're not snitching, this guy has been threateneing you!"

"They'll just call the police on him, or something stupid like that."

"You understand that's your next class, right?"

"I'll handle him on my own." I said right as the bell rang.

"Mr. Waters is my witness, don't worry."

"Oh gosh, that's worse." Nick said leaning his head back.

I smiled and giggled a bit. I could always rely on Nick to make me feel alright on an awful day.

"Thank you for looking out for me though, I'm so lucky." I said wrapping my arms around Nick's sturdy neck.

"I care about you Ry." He said quietly.

"I care about you too." I said pulling away to look into Nick's dark orbs.

"See you an hour." I smiled walking away.

***

I was scared. I wish I could say I was fearless, like some people would be in my situation. I've had the worst, right?

I knew that, I kept reminding myself that. But fear always seeped back into me, I was always afraid. So when Lucas walked into the classroom today, my anxiety spiked up.

He took a seat next to me, he quietly sat down next to me. I didn't know what to expect of him, I thought he would maybe start yelling. Mr. Waters was not in the classroom yet, but before Lucas could even say anything, a girl came up to our table.

She was a junior also, she had long dark hair, much darker than mine. It was almost a black color, but it was strikingly beautiful. She had deep blue eyes, she was truly gorgeous.

"Hey Lucas, there's this party I'm hosting tonight." The girl started confidently.

Lucas looked up, amusement played in his emerald eyes, and his lips turned into a slight smile.