C15: A New Mission

It was a month since my last mission. My ankle got better, but it would hurt if I overused it so I couldn't walk around that much. A lot of my stuff gradually made its way to the living room and created a second room for me. A lot of the guys were mad since I took a lot of space, but they felt sympathy for me so they let it slide.

It was around 7 and I was feeling drowsy after watching Ouran High for the 3rd time. I could hear a few of the guys discussing something at the table.

"We aren't gonna do that! That's insane!"

"You got a better plan flathead?"

"That's what I'm trying to think of"

"Hey guys, quiet down will you? Maggie's about to sleep", said Jaemin. He was watching the show with me, along with Ten, Shotaro, and from the voice coming behind me Yuta, who probably wasn't paying attention to the meeting. Jaemin gave me a blanket and pillow.

I was getting comfortable and about to doze off until I heard(what I believe) Haechan saying, "I can't do that! Look, the only reason I can flirt with you guys is because I want to"

"It's not like you'll be a stripper"

Now, this grabbed my attention. I sat up quickly, startling Jaemin.

"oh, so now you're not tired"

"Well I'm curious now"

Taeyong took a deep breath and sighed. "No one's becoming a stripper and this doesn't concern you"

"I mean, it looks like it's a meeting with 127 and you said I'm not involved in any specific unit sooooo"

Taeyong looked at me seriously.

"Sorry", I said getting scared. A small smile then appeared on his face.

"Well you are right I guess. If you're so curious, come on over here and we'll tell you"

I got up and carefully walked over to the table to sit next to Johnny.

"We are talking about our new mission", said Taeil. "You see, we found out there is someone out there that wants you dead. We thought it was just the North Valley kingdom, but a bunch of gangs from all the kingdoms are targeting you."

"What?! Wait, if it's all the gangs then how come you guys aren't attacking me"

"We're not going to hurt you", Jaehyun said, "our gang was never contacted by anyone"

"And even if we were contacted we aren't hit men.", said Mark, "taking lives from people we dont know is not what we do. We would have declined"

Johnny put his hand on my shoulder. "You can trust us. We want to stop this as much as you do"

If all eyes weren't on me, I would have been crying. These words meant a lot. At my house, it was so depressing but here it was full of comfort and joy. I nodded and Taeil continued. "We think that there might be some information on them at this karaoke bar. The only problem is it's an all girls bar"

"Oh. Maybe get in touch with someone you know orrrrrrr...." Before I could finish, I noticed them all looking at me.

"Did I say something stupid?"

"Taeyong, I have an idea", said Yuta.

"Yuta, we are not doing that", Taeyong replied.

"So Maggie, have you ever flirted before?", Yuta said. At this point, I knew where this was going.

"Yuta, I'm not going to flirt with some guy I don't even know"

"I mean, I didn't say that but what a great idea that is"

"You already know, Maggie can't go on a mission now", said Mark. "She's just now feeling better and I don't want her to start panicking"

"And she's quite obviously the target, are you stupid?", said Haechan.

"You know what, I'll do it"

"What?!", they all said.

"I've already been such a burden. The least I can do is say a few pickup lines to a dude"

"Don't say that", said Taeyong. "You're not a burden to us."

"Thanks guys but you still need someone for the mission and I don't want you guys to fail. We can find a way to disguise myself and if this succeeds, we can know more about this gang and put them to an end before it's too late"

I could tell that Taeyong was thinking real hard. "Are you sure you're willing to do this?"

"Positive"