24 - Complete

Three Years Later

"Are koalas cute and cuddly?"

"I feel like this is a trick question, Teepakorn"

"The answer, if anyone ever asks you, is no. They have chlamydia and can be really hostile. Source - Chris Hemsworth's hunky brother"

"A very reliable source. I'm never going near a koala again"

"What is your apocalypse plan?"

"An underground bunker with you, a tonne of canned food, a groundwater extraction pump, a good mattress and a tanker full of lube."

"Good thing you remembered the lube, Guntithanon. My list just had you."

"How were you planning on surviving with just me?"

"I could improvise. Spit, cum and prayers would work."

"Does food mean nothing to you, Teepakorn?"

"At least I wouldn't be starved for love. I'd die happy and satisfied."

"Are you nervous about tomorrow, my love?"

"What gave it away? Was it the unnecessary and incessant talking, which truth be told is pretty much indistinguishable from regular Teepakorn? Or the fact that I've been squeezing your fingers so hard they're numb and the tips are about to shrivel up and fall off."

"Everything will be perfect. Don't worry."

"Wat, our lives are going to change completely from tomorrow. It's freaking me out. What if you finally realize that there is such a thing as too much Tine?"

"There's no such thing as too much of you, my love. And I can't wait to start a new chapter of my life with you."

"I've heard couples become dull after a while."

"We have been together for more than three years, my love, and I still can't tell what new adventure I'll wake up to from day to day. Nothing is ever dull with you around."

"I've heard the sex becomes boring."

"Let's have a lot of it right now, and then a lot of it tomorrow, and every day after, and check if that's true. I'm willing to make this sacrifice for science."

"Let's. For science."

*

I puffed out my cheeks, expelling a nervous breath. I shook my fingers out and cracked my neck from side to side.

"How do I look?" I asked, straightening my tie and brushing down the front of my coat.

"You look great, Phi" said Pear, pink with excitement. She hugged Boss tightly around his middle and jumped up and down.

"Please don't behave like a child, Pear. You're the CEO of a company" chided Ren, looking extremely handsome and professional in a well-cut suit.

"The company is literally just you, me and Boss. You're the janitor, I'm the receptionist and Boss is the security guard. Fancy designations mean nothing in this scenario" said Pear, rolling her eyes.

"Well, we've just begun. We have to be careful not to over-hire and rack up our overheads.

I like cleaning, you like talking on the phone and Boss looks menacing. It's just efficient" said Ren, patiently.

Earn giggled.

"Well, I can't wait to photograph your very first project. I heard your art gallery design has already been shortlisted for consideration by W Industries."