CHAPTER 17

The door has been push open by my mom who is just got home from work.
"I'm home" said my mom who step in the house and shut the door.
But no one responded to her as I was staying in my room, don't wanna face her after found out that she isn't my mom at all.

"Honey? Y/n? Where are you?"
The voice of her is echo from the downstairs.

I was just staying Infront of my room door as I was thinking of should I went downstairs to meet her and ask everything about the envelope that I found from her room?

There got two thought in my head.
First, she will get mad for sneaking in her room without any permission from her.
Second, maybe...she will explained everything to me once I show her the envelope.

Should I just went straight up to her and ask her about my background?

I squeeze the envelope that I was holding with my other hand. Then I just twist open the doorknob and head out from my room.

The sound of the water running and the sound of the pot that make cling noise coming from the kitchen. It's seems that my mom is getting ready to prepare for dinner.

I just stood at the entrance of the kitchen making my decision, until she found me standing there looking at her.

"Eh Y/n? I thought you're going out with your friends?" She said as she were busy chopping the ingredients on the cutting board.

"Glad that you're here come help me with the cooking, we're going to eat roasted chicken for tonight" she added on.

Just by seeing her who still have to prepared for dinner after coming back from work make me having a hardship to ask her about the envelope things.

"Y/n? Why are you still standing there?"

"Huh?" I look at her and hide the envelope at my back.
She notice it and look at me while putting down the knife.

"What are you hiding?" She asked.

"N-nothing" I shook my head and don't know what to do until she come right up to me and snatch the envelope from me.

"Where did you get this?" She asked with shocking face as she showing the envelope at me.

I did not answer her.

"Answer me Y/n ! Did you just sneak in my room? Have I ever told ya not to go inside?!"

"Not to go inside so I won't found out that you're not my mom? Is that right?" I replied with cold tone.

She stay silent for a moment then folded the envelope into small piece and put it in her pocket.
"What are you talking about? Of course I'm your mom—"

"Foster mom" I cut her off.
She gulped and look at me nervously.

"Tell me why all these years you never told me about my background? That I'm adopted"

"Y/n I-" she start to hold my hand and I refuse it.

"Don't touch me"

"Please Y/n listen to my explanation first..." She sighed and look down with a lil nod
"yes... I'm not your mom by blood but this is all started from that day..."

.............

It's was a nice and beautiful day, a woman who dress like a dean of the orphanage watch over those children who is playing in the orphanage.

A man with a crying woman who is trying to stopping her husband for sending their baby to the orphanage.

"No! Please... I'm begging you please don't put our baby in the orphanage" the woman cried.

"We're poor enough to raise her because of her I've lost everything like everything!" The husband yelled make the baby in his arm cry hard.

"Please she's still a baby... A baby who still need her parents.."the woman cried and kneel down as she hug her husband leg.

The Dean walk towards them and ask what is happening.
The man just literally hand the baby to the Dean before the wife could snatch the baby from him.

"I'll leave our baby here that's all" said the man and literally just drag the wife away from the orphanage.
Leaving the Dean speechless with the baby who still crying in her arm.

When the Dean bout to go look for them, they've already gone.
She look at the baby in her arm that still non stop crying and she sighed so just taking care of her til she grow up and name her as Y/n.

After the Dean was retired from the orphanage, she begin to work as a clerk at one of the company in the town. She have been working so hard just to raise Y/n who is officially adopted by her.

As the time past, Y/n already grow up as a teenager who is study in Starlight highschool...

She ever been thinking of telling her about her background after her birthday but for not spoiling her relationship with Y/n she chose to stay silent and kept it as a secret.

...........

I just sitting there listen to my mom who told me everything from the past.
She hold my hand carefully and look at me.
"Y/n I'm sorry for not telling you this because... you're just like a daughter to me" she said.

"Then...do you know where is my parents now?" I asked .

She shook her head "I ever look for them but I couldn't get any information about where they're living and what they are doing these whole years"

"So that is why you always left me alone at home no matter it's your day off from work?"

She nodded and still holding my hands like she afraid I would leave her.

"But I promise, once I found your parents I will tell you at the first place" she said.

I just stay silent and look at her.
She squeezed out a smile and get up from her seat "alright, I have to go prepared for dinner now...you must've been so hungry so let me just cook for you".
She went back to the kitchen and I get up as well.
"Let me help you, mom" I smiled and follow her to the kitchen.

No matter how disappointed I was when she kept secret from me these whole years, but she's still the woman who replaced my mom to raised me up. I should be thankful for that instead of feeling angry for such things.