Prize Corner

"Its always.... thinking. And it can go anywhere."
~

As soon as I heard the sounds of the restaurant closing, I rushed out of my place, Kid Cove, to the main room. I wouldn't dream of staying there in the night with it. It never talked. It couldn't talk. It just.... stared. It was always thinking. Watching. Waiting. Though the kids loved it, I knew there was something off about it. Its place was a present box. Though it went into the present for the night, I feared looking into the box and seeing the glow of its beady eyes on its round white face with the red rosy cheeks and violet tear tracks.... and most of all, its menacing smile. I feared staying in the room with it, especially at night. Kid Cove and the place where it lived, Prize Corner, were connected, though not considered the same room by the maps.
I walked to the main room, where I saw Foxy.
"Oh, it's you again." I said sarcastically. At the sound of my voice, he turned to me, and said, "Aye, lass.... " When he came closer, he looked me up and down with a strange look.
"What's the matter?" I asked suspiciously. He flinched.
"What happened to ye?" My eyes widened and I looked down. Panic and rage flooded through me as I saw the state I was in.
There were some tears in my suit and the parrot usually perched on my shoulder was gone- torn off. The only thing left of the parrot was a small endoskeleton head sticking up off of my shoulder. And it still had one bright yellow eye attatched. I snarled. "Kids! Those kids tore me apart earlier. In the day.... Kids these days can't keep their hands to themselves. The employees had to put me back together after the kids left, but they didn't do a very good job." I explained, terrible memories rushing back at me of the little humans mercilessly tearing me apart, the sounds of children screaming happily and ripping metal metal filling the room.
Foxy's head abruptly turned towards the door, ignoring what I said. "Shiver me timbers..." he muttered, before grabbing ahold to my arm with his exposed endoskeleton hand and dragging me to a dark, shadowy place as fast as he could before I could say anything. "Shut off yer eye lights!" he said as quietly as he could. I obeyed, terrified. As I looked closer in the darkness, I saw a figure walking down the main corridor, whistling to himself. A human figure. Fear flooded through me and my eyes widened. When the figure passed and the whistling and footsteps faded, I said, "Who was that? What on earth is he doing here?" Foxy activated his eye lights again. "Probably the night guard. I had a lot of experience with night guards back at the old place. "A night guard? What's a night guard?" I asked.
"A night guard is somebody who guards the place at night. To keep it safe from intruders and such. He'll be here until 6:00, so we'll need to lay low. He'll see us on the cameras."
"Cameras? He's watching us?"
"Yes. See that on the ceiling there? That's a camera. There will be a red light on it when he's looking at it... he's not looking this way right now, no worries."
He tried to grab my arm again, but I swatted him away. "Yer a feisty one, aren't ye?" He said with a smirk. "Now, how about ye show me around? I'm new to here, ye know." I rolled my vibrant yellow eyes. "Fine, but only this once. I'm not a tour guide, you know."
I showed him around everywhere, pointing out things, and avoiding cameras. We walked into my place, Kid's Cove, and I showed him around; though there wasn't very much to see. I purposely skipped over Prize Corner, hoping Foxy wouldn't notice. But he did. i was about to leave when he grabbed ahold of my torn arm and said,
"Wait, what about this side of the room? With the present box and stuff?" I flinched and scratched my head, avoiding eye contact.
"Oh, that? That's just Prize Corner. Nothing special. Now come on, let's go." But he didn't leave. He walked closer to Prize Corner, closer to it. I ran up to him and screamed, "NO!" much louder than I should've. Foxy's ears darted up and his head swiveled to the camera. There was a red light. A red light that signaled that the security guard was looking at the camera. We both froze, staring at the camera. I hoped that he could only see the stating white pupils of our eyes, and nothing else.
The red light stayed on the camera for what seemed like forever, then it shut off. Foxy looked at me and said,
"Well, he's gonna be terrified for the rest of the night." Then he moved on like nothing ever happened. I, however, was terrified.
"B-but what if he saw us? What'll happen to us?" I shrieked as quietly as I could. He laughed and I responded with a glare. When I crossed my arms and barred my teeth, he just shrugged.
"All that'll happen is he'll scared and paranoid for the rest of the night, and might quit before tomorrow out of fear." he paused and laughed. "The lil' scaredy cat."
I sighed with relief. Then I realized something.
"Wait... we were avoiding the cameras and ducking in shadows all night for nothing?" I said, flabbergasted. He nodded.
"Yes, but you were the one avoiding the cameras and ducking in the shadows, not me. I was just following along. And it wasn't all for nothing. If he saw us moving and talking, I don't know what would happen." I didn't respond, not knowing what to say. Foxy broke the silence.
"Now, can you please show me Prize Corner? There's not much to see, but..." I avoided eye contact again, looking at the floor.
"I have nothing to show you. This is it. Prize Corner. Cute plushies. and figurines of us and the new animatronics for the kids."
"And what about the present box?"
"The what?"
"The present box. That thing, right there. You skipped over it."
"It's a present box."
"Well, yes. I can see that. But why's it here?"
"W-well.... This is Prize Corner. Prizes are like presents, so.... There's a present box. You know for.... d-decoration."
"No, it's not. It has a purpose, I know it. There's nothing in there that I can see, a present that size isn't just for decoration."
"And why is that?"
"Come on. Tell me the truth. What's the reason that you're hiding this from me, anyway?"
"I can't tell you here. Let's go."
"And why not? There's nobody else here but us."
"That's what you think...."
"What was that?"
"N-nothing!"
"Yeah, sure Roxy. That's your new nickname by the way. Since you refuse to tell me your real name."
"Roxy? That's a nice name. And I didn't refuse...."
"Yer changing the subject."
"What? No I'm not! I don't know anything about the animatronic in the present box!" As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I covered my mouth with my hand. Foxy smirked, and walked around the edge of the counter and approached the dreaded present box. He looked inside, and said,
"Hello?" His eyes widened and he slightly smiled. "Aye there, matey!" He said. It was silent. He turned to me and raised an eyebrow.
"I-it doesn't talk." I explained. He looked at the present box, then looked at me, confused. "Why were you trying to hide this from me?" I felt the urge to tell him the truth, but I didn't want to with it watching. I suddenly saw two glowing eyes rising. I started breathing heavily, my eyes wide.
It was awake.