Chapter 13: Can You Tell?

The Knights try to piece together the puzzle of the hidden Prime Songs, but with little to no knowledge to go on, they find it difficult to push forward.

At least, until Senn and Hubris get back from Nestoria...

Author's note: I'm ngl, I tried so hard with this illustration and I redrew it so many times and I'm still not happy with it, but maybe I'll try again when I have a little more time on my hands XD

[EDIT: 06/02/22] nope I still hate it and I still can't draw decent backgrounds XD

**********************

In the Knights' cave, all of the Knights had returned from their journeys to the Ardoni territories and were waiting on the arrival of Senn and Hubris from Nestoria. In the meantime, they were bustling over their findings – or lack thereof since they were no closer to locating the Prime Songs.

The only team that had any leads whatsoever was the team that visited Mendoria – Ria and Grek – as Master Siderian had been most helpful in trying to get them the leverage they needed to remain ahead of the Voltaris. He had guided them to three possible locations for the Protisium Prime as Thalleous had stated 'the most secure location,' but he was unsure as to what constituted the 'most secure.'

Their options were: The Vault, the Cydonian Desert or the forests of Felden. It was a large area to cover and so they had to narrow it down, somehow.

"I don't see how that helps us..." Onyx groaned as he folded his arms.

"It's better than what you and Grim came back with! Did you even speak with the Kaltaris Master? Or even the villagers?" Ria's back was up, and she became defensive.

She was so sure that the trips to the clans was their best bet in staying ahead of the game, that with every word spoken against discovery, her hope fell.

Onyx scoffed, but Grim butted in front of him with affirmative grunts, confirming all the people that they spoke to while they were out there. No-one knew where the Supporium Prime was.

Ria shook her head and sighed. They had almost nothing.

The Knights' cave was surround by a few soldiers from the Felden army, as Masani had promised she would bring. They were willing to help secure the Prime Songs along with the Knights, but they had all based this off knowing where the Primes were in the first place. For now, they had but one lead and it wouldn't take a small army to storm any of the three locations, if that were how they were willing to play it.

"So, let me get this straight," Masani chimed in, slightly annoyed. "We know that the Mobillium Prime is somewhere in Crown Peak. We know that the Protisium Prime is in one of three possible locations, but we know nothing of the whereabouts of either of the other two?"

"We're still waiting for Senn and Hubris to get back from Nestoria before we draw a final conclusion, but yes. That's the best of it..." Ria hung her head.

She knew something that the other Knights didn't - that Masani's first point was wrong - but she was not willing to admit it just yet.

Onyx started laughing.

"Trust the little man to be late! I bet they're stalling, tails between their legs because they don't have anything to share, either!"

"We don't know that..." Grek answered.

"I think we do! Hubris has been nothing but mouth since we formed this team – it'll be a bleeding miracle if that changes now!"

"Au contraire, Onyx!" Hubris announced as he waltzed into the cave, Senn in tow.