Chapter 6: Practice

Okay so first and foremost I will be writing a new chapter right after I publish this one. I don't know why it took me this long. I know this chapter is very short, so that is why I will be trying to publish chapter 7 as quickly as possible.

***

Even though Y/n wasn't the one skating, energy was still coursing through her veins. Just the thought of watching them competing made her a bit nervous, even though she knew that Miya was the type to put others in danger during beefs.

"Hey!" Someone shouted "You good?" It took her a second, but she finally got a hold of her surroundings once more. Y/n was skating in between Langa and Reki, so that Langa could practice before the beef.
"Yeah, I'm fine." She reassured me, "Just deep in thought." The two boys didn't give it a second thought, knowing that this was a usual thing. They all continued to talk and skate, until a certain someone decided to interrupt. Almost knocking Reki off his board.

"You could've hurt someone!" Reki shouted. Y/n didn't even have to look over to know who almost hit them. She already knew it was going to be the same annoying boy that she saw at school everyday.

"That's the thing about trash, it all gets thrown in the same pile." Miya mocked, specifically staring at Y/n. She glared back at him, not wanting to break contact.

"Oh? And what would that make you?" She glowered. He ignored her once again, averting his attention to the boys surrounding her, knowing that it would piss her off.

"Practicing with losers is not a good look, later slime boy" He teased. This made Reki lose his cool, it almost made Y/n lose her cool as well. But she kept it together.

Both Reki, and Y/n sped after Miya, not wanting to let him win. They were a couple feet behind Miya, but wouldn't let this go. He first started off with a simple spin on his board, smirking back at Reki and Y/n as if he was daring them.

"Ugh. That stupid smirk." She thought to herself.

Y/n and Reki swiftly turned on their boards as well, trying to show him that they could do that as well. Langa was nowhere in sight though.

"Do you think I'm scared of a spin?" Reki asked. He was right, these seemed like beginner moves. She thought that he might at least try harder considering he knew how well they skated.

"Fine, let's kick it up a notch." He retorted, trying to make the move harder for the two. "Too hard?" He mocked. Ugh, it seemed like he got more cocky everyday.

"You're asking for it." Reki and Y/n said at the same time. But Miya didn't seem to care at all, he just sped up in front of the angered two. This wasn't her first time skating against cocky people, but he knew exactly what to say to get under her skin.

"Not bad slimes." He taunted "I say we skip level two and head straight to five." Y/n could tell that he was underestimating her skills. She could put up with many things, but being underestimated was not one of them.

"Fine by me," She replied, "Just don't hurt yourself trying to keep up." Y/n looked over at Reki, only to see him struggling a bit with the trick. She refused to look at Miya right now, there was something about him that felt different.

"Alright since you're being cocky, try this." he said, while doing a move that was sort of like a casper. It didn't look too complicated, but she had never learned anything like that before. That didn't matter, she refused to lose to him. That level of humiliation was not an option.

Y/n and Reki began the trick at the same time, but out of the corner of her eye she could see that Reki wasn't going to land it. His foot was going to get caught under his board and he was going to fall face forward.