Honey I Looooovvvveee You

I felt as though I had hit a brick wall. I couldn't describe a pain like this; the agony ripping through my chest. How could this be happening? This was just to be an ordinary lockdown. None of this was supposed to happen.

"None of this was supposed to happen." I lightly whispered between my slightly closed lips. "Nobody was supposed to get hurt." The anxiety and shock was starting to really set in. I started rocking back and forth and anxiously running my fingers through my gnarled up hair. I would occasionly hold my breath and then breathe out unsteady gasps as images of what could be happening flashed through my head.

"Don't go all crazy on us." Aaron ushered me. "You are the most sane person in this group and if you go crazy, it all goes downhill from there."

I shot glare at him that felt like I was causing a hole to form on his face. He quickly looked away and that's when Nick walked in. I shot up from my sitting position on the hard, cold concrete of our data base set up in the old penitentiary director's office. "Where is he?" I asked Nick with a dark growl coating my voice.

"Don't worry about it. He's fine." Nick shot back at me.

"Don't worry about it?! My husband is somewhere in this hell hole of a place; nobody can find him or get ahold of him," my voice went from furious to sarcastically pleasant. "and you are trying to tell me not to worry."

"That's exactly what I am trying to say." Nick practically spat in my face as he walked up close to me with a serious face and eyes that sparkled with anger. "Now just sit your pretty little ass down and let me take care of this."

"You have no idea where he is, do you?" Nick just turned around without saying a word. I scoffed and grabbed my flashlight out of my back pocket.

"Where in the hell do you think you are going?!" Nick shot at me.

"To find someone that deserves to be found! And when I find him, you can take his spot in this terrible place! But I won't fight to come looking for you!!" I yelled as I turned and ran down the corridors. My mind was shouting a ton of different thing.

" This is useless!"

"You're never going to find him! He's probably dead!"

"Just go back to base now!"

"Smooth move genius, now you're lost!"

“Zak!” I yelled as I ran down the hallways. I had been running around for what felt like years. I was out of breath so my desperate yells for Zak didn’t go far. I could hear Aaron copying my yells from the floor below, and I didn’t know where Nick was. I couldn’t believe this is really happening. I felt that heaviness in my chest along with the burning in my eyes as the tears slipped down my cheeks.

I couldn’t take it anymore. I was starting to lose hope. What if he wasn’t even really here? How would he have gotten out though? What if someone was in here and hurt him? What if he’s dead? I hit the nearby wall really hard with my hand. As I grabbed my hand to try and sooth the pain that radiated through it, I leaned against the wall and slid down to the floor. I had my knees pulled up and laid my forehead on my knees and just cried. I couldn’t do it anymore.

“Angie!?” I could hear Nick’s distant voice. “Angie, where are you?!” He was getting closer. “Angie why are you on the ground?” Nick asked as he kneeled down in front of me.

“Why do you care?” I half mumbled half whispered. I was really out of it right now. My head was spinning along with all of my emotions.

“Come on Angie, we need to get you back to base.” Nick said as he pulled on my right hand. I screamed as the pain shot through my hand. He instantly let go and jumped back. “What did you do?” He asked as he knelt down in front of me again.