Suspision, Surprise, and San Diego

I woke up at around 10 in the morning and went to roll over and expected to see Zak, but found a cold bed. I got up and walked around to try and find him. His car wasn’t in the driveway and no one was allowed into the studio during the weekends. I found his phone sitting on the counter and decided that maybe he went for a drive. I called Nick and he hadn’t heard from Zak and neither had Billy or Aaron.

I decided to gust take a relaxation day. I kept my phone by me just in case anybody called, I didn’t want to get up. At around 5, Aaron called to see if I wanted to go out to dinner with him, Nick and Nick’s wife. I accepted, having nothing else to do. I quickly got ready and met them at TGI Friday’s. I was really starting to worry about Zak. What if last night was just a cover up? He was probably just lying so that I wouldn’t hate him! So I was right and he just didn’t want to admit that he was completely wrong. I always said I wouldn’t be the annoying girlfriend who’s also a stalker, but even if I tried to call him, he wouldn’t answer, HE DOESN’T HAVE HIS PHONE! We ended up staying out pretty late; I almost fell asleep in my food. We decided that we would all be at work at noon the latest tomorrow.

I quickly drove home so I wouldn’t pass out in my car. I got home and Zak still wasn’t there. He hadn’t been home either. I gave Ridley his dinner and went upstairs. I decided to sleep in my own room because I was a little ticked at Zak at the moment and just didn’t want to sleep in his bed.

I woke up the next morning and he still wasn’t home. At this point, I knew my dream was coming true. Zak’s phone was going off the hook. I checked the caller I.D. and it was his mother. She called about 10 times. I let Ridley outside for a little bit then got ready for work. Zak’s phone was starting to get annoying so I put it on silent, so much better.

I got to work and tried to convince myself that Zak wouldn’t be there, but my hopes kept getting higher. I was greeted by Nick who asked: “Still no word from Zak?” I shook my head and went into my office. A few hours later, I went and talked to Nick about Zak’s favorite places to hang out in his free time. Looks like I’m going to be his stalker till he’s found.

After work, I went to all of Zak’s favorite places and no one had seen him. There was one last place left that I really didn’t want to go to, but I knew I had to. I drove down the strip and into the parking lot of the Stripper Bar. I walked up to the security guard that was at the door. “I.D. please.” He said.

“Look, I have no intentions of going in there. I’m looking for Zak Bagans. Has he been here?”

“Yes, ma’am. Show me some I.D. and you can go see him.” He said. I searched through my purse for my wallet. I showed him my I.D. and he pointed to where Zak was. I was really mad now, so I decided that I was going to mess with him.

I walked up behind him and flung my arms onto his chest from over his shoulders. “That was unexpected.” He said. “Please, I’m with someone.”

“Oh, I know. And that someone just wants to say that your mommy’s looking for you.” I dropped his phone on his lap. He turned around and looked at me. Tears filled my eyes and I ran out of the strip club or bar or whatever you want to call it. He wasn’t able to grab my hand in time to stop me.

I drove back to his house and packed my stuff. I grabbed everything that I would need for who knows how long. I got into my car and drove to a low key hotel and checked in for the night. “How long?” The receptionist asked.

“Just one night.” She handed me the room key. I really wish I had grabbed my bag before I got my key, because when I walked out to my car, Zak was standing against the wall of the parking garage with his head down. I went over and grabbed my bag. I went to walk out of the car garage.