Baby Bums and Birthday Surprises

“It’s great to see you Angie! You look great!” Angie’s mouth gaped open as my mom hugged her. Dinner went great. I don’t think my mom was faking, but even if she was, I’m just glad everything went well. Angie and I went to the club after dinner and met Aaron and Nick there, along with a few others.

“The Birthday Boy is here!” My friend Billy said through the microphone from the DJ’s booth. Everyone screamed “Happy Birthday!”’s as we headed to the dance floor. We danced and laughed and hung out with friends the whole night. At about 12:30, we had to head home. I had to be at work tomorrow and this day had been exhausting. Angie and I headed home and crashed again. I woke up in the morning to her humming/singing lightly as she got ready.

“Sorry. Did I wake you?” She asked as I walked behind her and rested my chin on her shoulder.

“No. You have an amazing singing voice.”

“No I don’t. So how did your birthday turn out?” She turned around to face me and wrapped her arms around me. She leaned back so she could still see my face.

“Amazing.” I said, slipping the straps of her bra and tank top slightly off so I could kiss her shoulder.

“Not this morning. We need to get to work.” I sighed and started the shower. “What would you like for breakfast?” She asked before she shut the bathroom door.

“Anything.” I took a quick shower and headed down stairs. Whatever she was cooking smelled amazing.

Angie’s P.O.V.

I was singing to myself and Ridley while I made breakfast, not realizing Zak was listening. I sorta danced with Ridley when Zak walked in. “So, you’ll sing to my dog but not to me?” I quickly stopped and put his omelet and potatoes on a dish and poured some orange juice.

“Ridley can’t talk to anyone about it.”

“Your voice is amazing! Why are you so hard on yourself?”

“I don’t know, it’s just…” I gasped as our hands touched and I saw what he was thinking. “You know, you have the weirdest frickin images in your head.” I said.

“Thank you.” He replied. I put my omelet on my plate and got some orange juice. I took my plate and cup and sat next to him. “Are you sure you are okay about what happened yesterday?” He looked at me worriedly, I had been feeling different.

“To be honest…” His face dropped and he lowered his head and poked at his food with his fork. I sat on his lap and lifted his head. “To be honest, that was the best day of my life.” His face lighted up and he smiled and kissed my neck.

“You had me scared there for a second.” We both laughed. We finished our breakfast, brushed our teeth and headed to work.

“Someone seems to be more awake.” Lindsey said, wiggling her eyebrows.

“Don’t get excited.” I said.

“Hey Zak.” She said in a “I know what you did” tone.

“Hey Lindsey.” Zak said back. We got in the elevator and headed up. “Her and Aaron would be cute together.”

“Oh most definitely.” He stood in front of me and kissed me. I put my hand on his chest and pushed him away. I smiled and he looked at me confused. The elevator doors opened. “You didn’t interrupt anything.” I said to Ryan.

“You sure.” I nodded and he got in the elevator. “So how are things with your guys? Ghost Adventures I mean.” We all laughed.

“Pretty good. Got a lockdown in a few weeks.” Zak said. “How about you guys?”