yejisu

[requested by: imttal bcs this book needed more angst amirite?!]

[...right?]

[the need to change]

It had been seven years since ITZY had reached their contract. Seven years since she had been back home. 

Her hometown still looked and felt the same, with its tall buildings, cold breeze and that same nostalgic, refreshing air. 

But most of all, the warm smiles of the people who supported them until that day crept closer and closer until ITZY had to part ways. 

Yeji wouldn't have wanted any other from her return.

There was just something comforting seeing some things didn't change in a world that was constantly changing.

But Yeji convinced herself that she loved change. She embraced it when disbandment came [legit ugly sobbing rn no cap.] and immediately moved back to Busan- to which was one of the biggest changes in her life. 

Although living in a foreign country wasn't something she planned and for someone like her who always planned ahead, it was such a huge change that she was about to decline until her parents convinced her that life didn't wait and opportunities weren't always there and so she said yes.

Ever since then, she had been living in the United States for six years until she received a letter from an old friend saying there was a reunion happening at Seoul for their high school batch back when she attended Hanlim. And before Yeji knew it, she packed her things and booked her flight to South Korea.

While on the plane, she thought about why it's been so long since she went back home. 

She knew the answer for years.

But she tried to tell herself that it was not because she was running away from her feelings. 

It sounded... better if she was running away from someone instead.

And looking back now, she didn't know why she didn't stop thinking about it.

But she knew now.

She just didn't want to say it out loud.

As she walked at the familiar streets of where she used to walk by every day for four years, her heart pounded faster and there was a pit on her stomach and she could feel her hands beginning to sweat as well. It was awful.