sahyo

[requested by: EyesonmePAYATTENTION <3]

[sum angst ive experienced and still experiencing (f off its complicated) :D]

[she'll never know]

Jihyo walked into JYP High feeling heavier than she had in months. Her dongsaeng, Chou Tzuyu, called her last night. The conversation not one that Jihyo had been expecting to ever happen.

Small talk was exchanged between them for the first few minutes, until Tzuyu's voice shifted to an unfamiliar tone the members would mistake for anyone but Chou Tzuyu herself.

"Jihyo unnie, about Sana unnie.."

As insensitive as she may sound, Jihyo interrupted quite sharply, "I have an important question for you." 

She could recall Tzuyu's gulp afterwards. Immediately Jihyo felt awful for suddenly spouting this tone to their youngest out of nowhere, worry rose within both their chests, Jihyo could feel it.

Jihyo could feel her heart ache just a slight bit as the words that would soon escape her mouth, will only shatter her more right after.

"Do you still have feelings for Sana? Because she's planning on confessing to... someone tomorrow and I need to know if I'm going to need to buy her ice cream."

She praised herself for making her question sound more of a tease rather than the contradicting the bitterness of the words on her tongue.

Her crush on the girl started way back in the beginning of their second year, having spent majority of their high school life with their great group of friends, TWICE. 

She didn't know how handle it, or show it or not show it as it was as foreign as she was with the Japanese language back in their first year. So, instead, Jihyo treated her like just another friend in the group. 

Over time, though, when she had the feeling that these unfamiliar feelings wouldn't be going away anytime soon, she realized she was in big trouble.

Jihyo assumed it was just because Sana was the only touchy member in a group full of, well... supposedly straight girls

It was natural to like Minatozaki Sana, everyone else in the group seemed to in any case. Once Jihyo made it back to her home, she figured the feelings would soon fade and she could continue being her friend.