hyeyul

[requested by: kwangbae_is_gay coz hyeyul's too steamy in their enozi cams like ffff-]

[hardcore yulyen stan here but! i wont be biased >:( it's only fair.]

[not a dream]

The feelings didn't go away, even hours after another music show finished.

They were alone in Hyewon's room, the rest of IZ*ONE celebrating their 3rd win of Panorama in the living room. 

Yuri had already changed back into her normal, baggy clothes, a few beads of sweat still running down her back and sliding down her forehead. Hyewon's room was warm, energy from the performance still buzzing between them. 

She sat on the bed, the older right at her side, smiling like Yuri had never seen before. Dazzling in a way that was new, and so beautiful.

There wasn't anything said. 

Yuri stared, getting caught up in Hyewon's eyes in a way she always told herself not to. It was too obvious, but Hyewon never seemed to once looked away. 

Despite the silence, the air between them filled with excitement and energy. Almost as if it could be the night things change, but Yuri wouldn't let her hopes get too high. It wasn't the time for thoughts like those. It was never the time for thoughts like those.

It was dark, Yuri couldn't make anything out on Hyewon's face. Not that she would ever want to. There was a beauty to Hyewon's quiet face that she had been privileged enough to see only a handful of times. 

The small upturn of her lips that formed the faintest of smiles, and the way her hair tied up in a messy bun differing from her usual look framed her face so beautifully. Yuri knew she was falling further and further, getting caught up in Hyewon in a way she had always told herself not to. 

It was never worth it, but the excitement of their first performance made it near impossible to stop. No matter the disappointment it would lead to, even if Hyewon never once looked away.

There was sudden movement, and Yuri didn't have time to react until-

Hyewon leaned in, eyes closed. Yuri didn't know what to do despite her endless attempts at skinships in their lives before. For the first time in a long time, she didn't know how to react.  Hyewon's lips were on hers, and she couldn't focus enough to pull away. 

There were hands on her shoulders as Hyewon pushed in closer. Yuri lost herself, she savored a feeling she had long since thought would only be dreamed about. Her heart beat at a pace she never experienced even in all her years of singing her vocal chords out on grand stages.  Arms going slack at her, losing the strength for anything but this sudden, but definitely welcome kiss.