Teamwork

"I'm so sorry...forgive me, Seo-yun." 

I sobbed into Young-do's chest before pushing away so that I could look him in the eye. "I forgive you...but please, hear me out before you cast your judgement on me." I asked. 

Through tears, Young-do smiled a bit. "Now you sound like Kim Tan." I gasped, remembering that Tan was standing across the street. I should thank him for helping Young-do and I come to our senses. 

I turned around and saw Tan standing up, holding my ramyeon in his hands. "I'll keep this as a thank you!" He yelled, pointing to the ramyeon. I giggled and nodded, letting him know it was okay to take it. It was the least I could have done. We waved to each other, and he went on his way up the hill. 

I turned back to Young-do and squinted my eyes a bit. "That's the guy that you had such a problem with?" He blinked a bit, shifting his eyes to the sides. "I don't know what you mean. I've always thought he was a delight." He lied. He returned his gaze to me and put on his signature smirk. I reciprocated the smirk, crossing my arms. "Oh, really?" I sarcastically asked. 

Young-do sighed. "What did he tell you, that I'm a horrible person?" I shook my head. "Far from it. He told me all sorts of things. Your rivalry with him, and your history with Cha Eun-sang." He perked up at the mention of her name. By the look on his face, I could tell that he thought it awkward that Kim Tan told me about his first love. 

I smiled. "He also told me how, ever since we've been together and before that, you've been so happy. You've looked for me when I'm not there, smiled at me when I wasn't even looking, and talked about me to him all the time." I looked at him. "I didn't know any of that." 

Young-do huffed, a smile appearing on his face. "Well, I like to keep up my bad boy reputation. I don't need you thinking that I'm such a softie." I chuckled. "But seriously, Young-do. It was so sweet." I sighed. "He also told me how he talked to you, and told you not to believe the worst of me so fast. I know you've gone through many terrible things and had many terrible people in your life, but you need to trust me." I held his hands in mine. "I would never betray you." I said, rather seriously. 

Young-do's usually sarcastic smile fell and he looked incredibly serious. He squeezed my hands tightly. "I know." He breathed. "I was wrong to judge you so harshly. I didn't mean the things I said. I was only afraid of getting hurt again." He tucked a loose piece of hair behind my ear. "You wouldn't hurt me." He said, confidently. I nodded, feeling the tears come on again. Stay strong, Seo-yun! 

"No, I never would." I sighed. "I was walking home, and your company's limousine said Mr. Choi wanted to see me. I thought it was you, but it was actually your father. He bribed me and said he would let my mom and I live at Zeus Hotel free for as long as we wanted, as long as I never saw you again. If I chose you, he would kick my mother and I out and make sure we could never rent a place in Korea ever again." 

Young-do gritted his teeth, his eyebrows furrowed angrily. "That...he is such a-" He yelled, but I stopped him before he could say a swear word. "But, I said no! I turned him down. I said that nobody could make me stop loving you, Young-do." His expression softened and his eyes filled with tears again. "Seo-yun..." He whispered. He pulled me in for a hug and hugged me softly. "I'm so sorry...your life is ruined because of me." He shivered. 

I hugged him back. "No, it's not. It's better." I reassured him. He pulled me away from him and held me by the shoulders, bending a little so he could be at eye level with me. "We need to promise one thing to each other." I tilted my head. 

"We must promise to always be a team. Never suspect the other of anything bad. Even if people try to turn us against one another, we won't let them. It's me and you against the world, Seo-yun. Forever. I promise." He promised. I smiled. He held out his pinky in front of me. "Do you promise to be a team forever?" He asked me. 

I nodded, and wrapped my pinky around his. "I promise, Young-do." We tightened our grip and then let go. Young-do smiled down at me, before he looked to the side. Then, he got a determined, angry look on his face. He grabbed my hand and started walking up the hill. 

"Where are we going?" I asked him, confused. He turned back to me with his devilish smirk and evil eyebrows. 

"To be your bodyguard."