eleven

Aizawa walked in with two cups of ramen, placing one on the nightstand close to Emi's bed then make his way back to the couch. "Eat up, you haven't had anything in two days," he said. Emi nodded, "Thanks."

Her eyes caught the reddening part of Aizawa's hand as he walked to the couch holding his own cup of ramen, parts of it peeled off in a visually disturbing manner. Her eyes squinted in fear but swiftly turned to a giggle, "You really don't learn from your mistakes, don't you?" she said, walking her way to the couch, grabbing an ointment from the drawer before sitting next to Aizawa. Aizawa raised an eyebrow confused as Emi grabbed his hand, applying ointment on the reddening part. He flinched, "What are you doing?" he said, in a higher tone than he planned it to be. "It's an ointment," Emi replied short, focusing on her job. "Hot water burn can be very disturbing," she continued as she finished. 

Emi picked her ramen and eat next to him. She chuckled as she turned him a glare, "You can eat on your own, can you? I don't want to feel all nostalgic here, might not be best for our professionalness," she teased, winking an eye mischievously. "Professionality," Aizawa corrected, rolling his eyes, "And yes, I can. Thank you."  

...

"Emi," Aizawa whined from the living room. He was sitting on a couch with the television playing some random series he doesn't care about. A blue blanket wrapping himself all the way to his head-it's a day off after all. He pouted as Emi took so long to come, "Where are you?"

"Coming!" Emi yelled from the other side of the apartment. She was busy finding ointment. Things like that, why is it so hard to find them when we need them the most? Eventually, she did find it, Emi then rushed back to the living room.

"What were you doing?" he asked folding his hands together. Emi sat beside him, spinning the lid as she replied, "Don't blame me it took so long to find this, unlike you I'm not used to burning myself." Aizawa glared at the thing for a moment, "I don't need that." But Emi pulled his hand closer to her to apply it anyway. "Don't do that," he muttered. Aizawa voiced a slight 'ow' as she did which made her chuckle thinking it was uncontrollably adorable.

She poked his cheek playfully, saying, "That should do, try not to burn yourself again." Aizawa squinted his eyes, looking away as he muttered, "It's not like I'm planning to."

Aizawa laid his back against the backrest, "Ah, I'm so hungry." Emi immediately pointed at the cup ramen on the table before him, "I believe you just made that."

"But my hand hurts so much I can't move it," he whined, raising his hand to Emi's eye level. "Awe Shota, you know I'm running late for a mission," Emi replied pouting. Aizawa sighed, "But this was supposed to be our day off," he muttered in protest. Damn those governors assigning Emi for a secret mission he isn't a part of. They didn't even let her tell him what it's about-not that he wanted to know, government missions aren't his forte-they involve too much formal procedures. "Alright, alright, you baby cocoon," Emi uttered, picking up the cup ramen, feeding him like some toddler. 

She stayed for another hour or two knowing the police chief she'll be working with probably be upset for her not showing up in time. But she thought an episode won't hurt. Besides, no one would willingly take such draggy mission from her, she'd pass if she could. 

The moment she realized, Aizawa was fast asleep, Emi chuckled silently as she carefully stood, trying not to wake him up. "Guess I won't be back in a few days," she whispered, heading out. 

...

As they were eating, a thought crossed Aizawa's mind. But he was doubting whether or not he should as her about it. Emi noticed the way he spaced out, so she called, "Eraser?" an eyebrow raised, confused, "you good?"

Aizawa hummed and nodded reassuringly, turning a soft smile. Emi squinted her eyes, annoyed. And at that moment, Aizawa realized how she read him like a book. So he sighed, accepting his defeat as the underground hero awkwardly uttered, "Do you happen to know someone named Kurokage?" What was he thinking? It could've just been some random name of his dream, but for some unknown reason, he was very curious.

His doubt faded as soon as he noticed Emi's surprised look. "Well, yeah he's Ketsubutsu's principal," Emi uttered worriedly, "You know him?"

Please don't tell me Kurokage-san approached Eraser, she thought.

"-Emi," Aizawa called after a few failed attempts. Emi startled. She spaced out. Emi then turned a soft chuckle, "Oh sorry, I spaced out," she said. "That's alright," he replied, "I don't know him anyway."

Emi nodded, relieved. Seems like Sakaru didn't spill the tea this time, "Why did you ask?" Aizawa hummed as he spent some moment thinking, but deep down he freaked out. What was he supposed to say? That he dreamt of Emi saying how kind Kurokage is saving her life? That will only make him sound like some jealous brat. So he said this instead, "Nevermind, I just heard that he's a great principal."

Emi slightly squinted her eyes as she felt a pang on her chest. A great principal? "Sure is," she said, grinning.