prologue

he knew she was 'off limits'

he knew from the second she went from will's quiet, cute little sister with short, untamed hair and over-sized flannels to one of the prettiest, most desirable girls at hawkins high. from the day his best friend told everyone his step sister was completely off limits. from the moments he'd sit back and admire her from afar, stealing glances of her running around in the pool or in shamelessly in night shorts whenever he stayed the night. from not being able to help his imagination from running wild, thoughts like his fingers dipped in her curves, completely consumed by her.

because it would be weird to do unimaginable things with you best friends sister, right?

she knew he was off limits.

since she was a little girl giving heart eyes to her brother's best friend. since she felt her heart skip a beat when he scolded will and the rest of his friends for saying she couldn't play with them. and when her little crush on from the nerdy av club president with dorky yet adorable thick nit sweaters had dissipated, it had quickly turned into sexual desire when he was just mike, with his undeniably tall lean frame and strong facial features (high cheekbones, well-defined jaw, very kissable lips and that dark messy hair she imagined tugging at harshly with her fingers.)

they knew it was wrong. not only to will, but even the timing couldn't even be worst. him out of a serious relationship and her on and off again with some jerk that could easily rip him in half. it was a horrible idea, awful really, could easily end in heartbreak and lucas and max having to choose sides. they were aware all of that.

but it didn't stop them. not when it just felt so, so incredible.

not when when she looked up at him in drunken gaze. cotton fabric falling slightly off her bare shoulder, plump lips damp from the liquor, her next words leaving her mouth dauntlessly, as if she was sure of every single syllable.

"i know you want me."

any and all logic and self control flew out the window.

—-

introducing..

our main characters!

el hopper
17, junior
likes: her best friend max, short skirts, attention
dislikes : keeping secrets, superficiality, yelling

mike wheeler
17, junior
likes: his friends, video games, brunettes
dislikes : his ex girlfriend, socializing

and..

our side characters!

will byers
17, junior
likes: his friends, dungeons and dragons, boys
dislikes: liars

max mayfield
17, junior
likes: her boyfriend lucas, her best friend el hopper, vodka, 
dislikes: all of el's ex boyfriends, men sometimes

lucas sinclair
17, junior
likes: his girlfriend max, his friends, sports, video games
dislikes: lying

dustin henderson
17, junior
likes: his friends, science, weed
dislikes: drama

tyler mccorkle
18, senior
likes: ex girlfriend el, alcohol, sex
dislikes: commitment, emotional connections

josie winters
16, junior
likes: ex boyfriend mike, second chances, church
dislikes: alcohol, herself

___

disclaimers !
- flashbacks will either be in italics or labeled (they're important)
- contains smut so, if you don't want that don't read.
- i've never written anything like this so ... my 2 readers should be aware
- first chapter coming soon! :) maybe, idk lemme know if you like it

xoxo
jules