A Lawyer's Pain (Part 2)

Recap

"Chris I can't work your case anymore."

"What? Why not?! Things were going good. The case is almost finished. My trial is coming up. What the fuck?!" I tried no to scream but my blood was boiling.

She just sat there with her head down. Tears slowly began to roll down her face. My face immediately softened.

"Karrueche." I touched her hand gently only for her to move away.

Nothing

"Fuckin say somethin damn! Give me a reason why!"

I demanded an answer.

She finally said, "I'm in love with you Chris."
______________________________________________________

Karrueche

Behind my dark shades I stared deep into his chocolate eyes.  He looked back at me with an emotionless expression. I should've never said anything.

"Stay here." he stood up and headed for the door.

I couldn't tell whether he was mad or frustrated. He probably hates me. I'm so stupid.

Chris

As I walked to my cell her words kept replaying in my mind. A mix of crazy emotions sparked in my body all at the same time.

I grabbed what I needed and walked back to the visiting area. She was still there with her head buried in her hands.  I placed the pictures in front of us.

"Everybody I love, I lose. It started with my mother. She struggled most of her life just to support me. With my father being an alcoholic we didn't see him much. She was killed in a fire set by my father when I was 15. I was on my own till I was 18. That's when I met her. Maya Robbins. After she saw me sleeping on the corner and recognized me from school she took me in. We got married when we were 20 and she died giving birth to our daughter Crystal when I was 21. Now my daughter is gone. You remind me of her so much but  You have given me a feeling she never did. I used to cry every night for 2 years and you've helped me stop. Your presence has changed me. I can't lose you too," he  stopped to wipe his tears.

Karrueche

I'd never seen a man cry before. It was the most beautiful sight I've ever seen. A strong masculine figure expressing pain shows courage and true strength. I loved that.

"Its hard to explain Chris i-".

"Then try!" his powerful voice sent chills through my spine.

I sighed and slid my glasses off my face exposing my dark purple eye.

"He did this to you?," his voice trembled with anger and hurt. It almost sounded like he was the one who got beat.

I nodded my head, "He is the reason why I have to stop working with you. I don't want to leave but I can't keep pissing him off. I don't want to break your heart but I'm afraid if I stay he will kill me." I reached for his hand and linked fingers with his.

"Chris I've loved you since the first day I met you. I hated the way you blocked me out but now I see why. Please forgive me Chris." I searched for a response in his eyes but all I saw was hurt.

We just sat in silence as our souls did all the talking. We need each other.

After about 5 minutes I realised no one was there. The guard was gone and all the inmates were gone too. I had to leave but my soul wouldn't budge.

He stood up slowly with red eyes and reached out for me. I took my hand in his and walked with him to some room.

Chris

If this was the last time I was gonna see her, we had to do this. I sat her on top of the table and stared deeply into her eyes. The time was now.

15+ votes.                    7+ comments