The Good Times

{2009}

"Happy birthday dear Crystaalll. Happy birthday to youuu", I sang to my daughter and helped her blow out the candles. She's finally two years old! My baby girl is growing up so fast. I remember the first time I saw her. She was the most beautiful baby girl I've ever seen. Before my wife died after giving birth, I made a promise to always protect our daughter and that's what I plan on doing.

Crystal clapped her hands before digging them into the small Oreo cake I bought her. Even though I invited the whole family to her little party, me and her were the only ones here. Everybody claimed that had some important Shit to do. I took it as a sign of disrespect. Its cool tho. I like it when it's just me and my baby girl.

I cut a slice of cake for myself and joined her in eating. After we ate, I played with her outside for a while. I would chase her little body around while she wobbled away from me, the tickle monster. I roared and stomped my feet around the playground, pretending that I couldn't catch her. I finally scooped her up and spun her around, being sure to tickle her during the process. She laughed hard until she was out of breath. I kissed all over her face before putting her down so she could go play freely.

Suddenly loud screams came from her mouth.I immediately found where she was and picked her up. She had been sliding down the slide and when she landed, she somehow scraped her knee.

"Its ok baby girl. You're fine. I'll make it feel better ok?"

She sniffed hard and Lay her head on my shoulder as I carried her inside.

"Don't move baby girl, ok?" I placed her on the kitchen counter then kissed her cheek before running to go get the first aid kit.

Once her knee was all patched up, I gave her a little snack then we both watched spongebob.

"Y siberd mean?" (Why is Squidward so mean)

"I don't know baby girl. Maybe he's just having a bad day."

"He have bah day all time", she giggled, "Daddy wou fook li- sibert". (Daddy you look like Squidward)

I chuckled loudly, "Well you look like Sandy with those buckteeth." I tickled her hard making her laugh.

"Otay daddy I sowwy wou no wook li- sibert!" she laughed hard, almost falling off the couch trying to squirm away from my tickle fingers. I finally stopped so we both could calm down.

"Baby girl Its time for bed." I yawned as I got off the couch, 2 hours of spongebob will put you to sleep.

"Otaaaay," she pouted as she got up and wrapped her tiny fingers around my index finger. We walked upstairs and to our room. She doesn't like to sleep in her own bed yet So she sleeps with me.

After giving her a quick bath, I put on her pajammies and lay her in bed next to me. I kissed her forehead then a picture of my wife and drifted to sleep.