Testing The Truth

"Crusher?!"

Everyone cried out in shock as the vision disappeared from their eyes. They turned to the dark blue truck for an explanation, but even he looked horrified and shocked by what he had seen, causing him to faint in an instant.

Nina, on the other hand, looked confused by their reaction until she narrowed her eyes and glanced closely at Crusher's wings. She froze the moment she spotted the familiar silver diamond pattern on the white and blue feather-like wings.

The silver diamond symbol of the royal family.

And the wings... they were so similar to her's... with the light blue touch of her husband's before he died in her own scheme...

"I... Inazuma...?" Nina let out a choked breath before shaking her head. "NO!"

The group turned back to her with a gasp as she disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Where'd she go?!" Stripes cried out.

"I... I don't know..." Blaze frowned, looking around in attempt to find the evil fairy in the tower. "She isn't here anymore, that's for sure,"

"But... what did we just see, B?" Darington asked, turning to the red truck.

"I'm... not sure either," Blaze shook his head.

"But... it would make sense," Phoenix spoke, causing everyone to turn to her as she observed Crusher's wings. "The silver diamond on his wings... they're the symbol of the royal family. And the angel shape of his wings... the similar shape of Nina's and a similar color to Queen Zilina's..."

"Wait, then is what we saw true?" Starla questioned. "Is Crusher REALLY Nina's son?!"

"That's insane!" Stripes exclaimed.

"But with the amount of magical spells he's been casting all day, it does make sense," Watts pointed out.

"His magic was powerful enough to deflect and stop Nina's with one instinctual spell," Gabby added with a nod. "Which meant that their magic was equal the whole time,"

"But... if that were true then how did Crusher get to Axle City?" AJ wondered.

Before anyone could offer a theory, a groan came from behind them, and they all turned to see Crusher waking up from fainting. Pickle drove over to help him up as he rubbed his head.

"Argh..." he hissed. "Man, that was a weird dream I had, about fairies and whatnot..."

"Uh, Crusher," Pickle chuckled nervously, helping him up. "that... that wasn't a dream. We went along with Blaze to save his parents because he and AJ are fairies then we discovered that the evil fairy Nina is really your Mom and—"

"Wait, WHAT?!" Crusher's jaw dropped as he shot up, causing him to stumble and fall back again. "Ugh... why me...?"

"Did you know?" Blaze asked, driving over to help his rival up.

"NO!" Crusher shook his head. "And that's not possible! Grammy! She... She said that my parents were long gone! That they... they were killed! This... This is IMPOSSIBLE!"

"Maybe Queen Zilina can help confirm this?" AJ suggested.

"Good idea, AJ," Blaze nodded in agreement. "Let's head back to the palace,"

X

Crusher felt confused, shocked, and bewildered all at the same time as they flew back to the palace. His wings felt heavy as he dragged himself at the back of the group.

Nina was his mother? THE evil fairy trying to kill them was his parent? AND HE HIMSELF WAS A FAIRY?!

Everything was too much to take in at the same time. It was all too confusing, too heavy, too shocking. His mind was reeling, and his chest felt heavy while his stomach twisted and turned inside. Soon, he was subconsciously slowing down in his fluttering.