Fire Leopards

The next day, right after a quick breakfast, the group prepared to head out on their quest.

Crusher was the most eager to leave the palace immediately. Queen Zilina had been eyeing him all morning, her gaze curious and observing, as if she was trying to analyze him, expecting him to do something out of the ordinary.

Unfortunately for her, he was willing to keep himself until he was out of that place.

"Crusher, are you still paranoid about Queen Zilina?" Blaze asked, confronting his rival with AJ at the balcony before anyone else was done preparing for their quest.

"She KNOWS something, Blaze!" Crusher hissed. "She knows something about me, and she won't stop staring! It's freaky and uncomfortable!"

"Crusher, you're overreacting," AJ shook his head.

"Think what you want. I'm not taking the chance," Crusher huffed before driving off to Pickle, who had just arrived with a wave.

"Hey, B, what's up with Crusher?" Darington questioned as he drove towards the red truck.

"He's suspicious of Queen Zilina since she keeps staring at him and his wings," Blaze replied.

"Well, he isn't wrong," Stripes shrugged, driving in with the others. "I've noticed Queen Zilina staring and looking all... cautious with narrowed eyes,"

"Maybe she's just being paranoid," Gabby suggested.

"But why would she be?" Watts wondered. "She has never seen us before!"

"I'm sure it's nothing," Blaze assured them. "She's probably just worried that there might be traitors in our group,"

"Well, if there was gonna be a traitor, Crusher would be it," Starla huffed before yelping when Watts elbowed her. "Ow!"

"Starship, be nice," she glared at the cowgirl truck.

"Yeah," AJ agreed. "I'm sure that there's an explanation for what Queen Zilina is doing,"

"What IS Queen Zilina doing?" Sparkle asked, driving to the group curiously.

"It's nothing, Sparkle," Blaze patted her head with a smile. "Just a small issue. Nothing severe,"

Unbeknownst to them, Queen Zilina had been nearby and had heard every word of the conversation. She sighed, smiling sadly at the red truck and the child's loyalty to her before shaking her head and driving forward to greet them before they left.

She knew well enough that it was no small issue...

Meanwhile, on top of a mountain, stood a tall, rickety old tower. Inside, a midnight blue truck stood by her crystal ball, a pair of dark blue wings on her back, with fade indigo top tips and blue green bottom tips, along with a silver diamond in the middle.

 Inside, a midnight blue truck stood by her crystal ball, a pair of dark blue wings on her back, with fade indigo top tips and blue green bottom tips, along with a silver diamond in the middle

"Oh, sister," she evilly chuckled, watching as Queen Zilina sent the group off. "You are sending CHILDREN to the rescue of your best guards? And to stop ME? Oh, you have grown more foolish over the years, haven't you?"