Chapter 8 ~ Alessia - I'm going on a Fairy Hunt

Saturday 15th, 2030

Fear and confusion had washed over the group. It's now been three days since Harmony went missing. Easton had a chat with Harmony Wednesday afternoon, so we could get the dorm ready for her surprise party. She didn't turn up, at first we thought it was because she thought we forgot her birthday. 

As days passed the fear sunk in, millions of scenarios ran through my head. We talked to all the teachers and many students but none had seen or heard from Harmony. We weren't allowed to skip our classes to find Harmony, though every afternoon we spent looking for her but we hadn't found anything.

I woke up as the sunlight from the window shone into my eyes. I sat up from my bed and made my way towards my closet. I looked back at the bunk beds, Sophia was asleep on the bottom of her bunk bed. While the top bunk was unused. 

I went to the bathroom and had a shower, by that time everyone was up and dressed ready to look for Harmony again. We were about to head out, as there was a small knock on the door. Pandora opened the door to find all the boys and River.

"Let's go and find her." Said Easton. He was the worst affected out of all of us, he had been worried sick; looking for her every chance he got. We started by going to the weapon training course.

There were bows and arrows on stands, swords and daggers on the table and wooden staffs leaning against the wall. The weapon selection was coming up, where we choose our own personal weapon for senior school. We looked around all the weapon training exercises, Harmony was still not found. 

We went to the academy's garden, there was nothing there but the rush of the water in the fountain.

"Where is she?" Asked Sophia in a concerned tone.

"We will find her," I exclaimed. We counted to scout Harmony's favourite places in the academy. We decided to look at the other side of the school. We walked through the hallways, losing hope of finding her in the academy.

Jamie cleared his voice then started to sing, "I'm going on a fairy hunt. I'm going to catch a Harmony. I'm not scared. What a beautiful day." There were sighs from the group.

Jamie continued, "Oh no a hallway, a very long hallway. We can't go over it. We can't go under it. We have to go thr-."

"Stop!" We shouted before he could finish his song. We all laughed. At least he was trying to brighten the mood. We kept looking for an hour but it turned up nothing. The girls in my dorm are all from different houses. 

We all have different powers/ skills, like everyone else in the school. Pandora is the only vampire in and school and I'm the only aura manipulation person. We had to go to our weekend sports.

We walked towards the sports change room, in the girl's bathroom there was a rack of cheerleading uniforms. Each was a different colour depicting our house colour and had our last names embroidered on the back. 

We all got dressed into our uniforms and I waited in the change room for everyone else to finish. Candy came out of her change room with her uniform on. Candy is the school's biggest gossip, if she finds out a secret from you, the whole school will know in a matter of hours.

"Where's your vampire friend? She is so nice." Candy said with sarcasm.

"She isn't doing cheer this year," I responded.

All the other girls came out of their stalls.

"Time to cheer." Exclaimed Maya.

As we strolled out of the change rooms, the boys were sitting on the bleachers. They spotted us and their eyes lit up. They started down the stairs as both coaches hadn't arrived yet. We started talking with our boyfriends and their friends.