Chapter 10 ~ Maya- How I met your mother (father edition)

Monday, 17th, 2030

It was parent day. The day everyone was waiting for. We all got the chance to see our parents or siblings for the whole day and spend some quality family time, and do activities together. Some haven't seen their parents in ages and are looking forward to this day and some have never seen their parents since they were sent here at 6 years old and were still waiting for them.

I looked forward to it, kind of. I was going to be able to see my younger brother Kai again, he was middle school so I never saw him, I was thrilled. I was also going to see.. my father, he was also the principal, Sir. Abernathy. 

Some people would be thrilled with that, and say 'You get to see him everyday.' But no. I did not see him everyday in the hallways and assemblies, but I didn't see him much of a father anymore, he wasn't there for me like other fathers were and he had been more of a principal to me for the last 10 years. I think he thinks the same. I am just a student to him and one day of the year I am his daughter.

I woke up that day, more tired than usual and sat up on my ocean blue bed. Pandora and Sophia were already awake and dressed. So, I slowly climbed down the ladder trying not to wake Alessia.

"Morning "I said as I made my way to the cabinet that stored all our clothes. The others waved back. I opened the third drawer and sorted through my clothes and found my favourite navy-blue dress and denim jacket with a pink seahorse engraved in the top corner that reminded me of Nixie. 

I walked over to the bathroom and quickly got changed, brushed my short bobbed hair into my usual beach wave flip to the side and applied some gloss to my lips and went back into the room. Alessia was now awake and was getting her clothes ready. But harmony was still asleep.

I was worried for Harmony after she disappeared a few days ago and suddenly appeared yesterday. I want to know what happened and why Harmony was acting so weirdly. 

I cared so much about her and she has never acted this weirdly in the almost 10 years I've known her, we were all worried sick for her and are keeping a lookout for her and for anything strange.

I made my way to the middle school arena with the others, they were all dressed in their favorite outfits, dressed to impress for this special day of the year. We all gathered there in search of our families. They all went off looking for them and Easton stayed with me while we looked for Kai.

"Look,"I said to Easton as I pointed to a group of younger boys standing in the corner of the arena, "He's over there"

"Oh yeah" he replied as we walked over to the group. I saw a boy wearing a black and white hoodie and jeans, he had our back turned to us and had a mop of light brown hair with dark brown streaks perfectly sitting on his head, all covered with a grey beanie. 

"Kai!" we both yelled out. He turned around and his deep blue eyes stared at us on his slim face that reminded me of my mum. A smile grew on his face and he ran over and embraced both of us in a big 'family' hug. Easton and I both laughed as he squeezed us so tight I could barely breathe. He let go and I let out a big breath that blew his golden hair away from his face.

"Where's dad," he asked

"He's probably in his office getting ready to start off parents day" replied Easton, with a kind of look that said 'whatever'.

The sound of a microphone being tapped began, and I noticed that our father, Principal, Mr. Abernathy was standing up on a stage at the front of the arena with a smile on his face. He was wearing a maroon suit with a white buttoned shirt and maroon tie, and black shoes to match his element of fire like my brother Easton.