~𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 49~

chapter 49
———

Nathan's POV
I picked up my phone and called Vincent.

"...Vince, I'm in need of aid."

"Mid crisis?"

"Mid fucking crisis. 'Mother of the Year' is leaving this weekend so I need you to let Logan stay over for two days."

"See, I'd love to help, but there's an issue with the maids and butlers."

"What issue?"

"Specifically, with Hazel. She apparently noticed how much time I've been spending at home more than outside so she wants me to start working with her that rest of the month."

"Shit."

"So, I won't be able to help you babysit this time. Got anyone else that could help?"

"I can't ask the other maids or butlers, they're too loyal to Mom and Dad. I can't ask my siblings either."

"Then, ask one of your friends. They've gotta be loyal to you, at least."

"But who exactly?"

"I don't know, what qualities are you looking for?"

I looked down at Logan as he slept peacefully on my leg. His head laid still on my left thigh as his outstretched arms numbly held my tablet in his hands.

"I need someone who knows how to keep a secret a secret."

"So, not Jane."

"They've gotta have babysitting experience and know how to get along with children."

"Definitely not Lucas."

"They gotta know how to cook at least two to three meals, and—"

"...And?"

"I think I might've figured someone out. Thanks for the help, Vince."

"Anytime."

BEEP BEEP~~~

I scrolled through my phone and eyed down the number I was about to call.

I took a deep breath before dialing the number.

"...Hello? This is Sofia speaking."

"I need a favor."

———

I waited in the lobby of the building, scrolling through T.R.E.

That was until I saw two legs wearing black combat boots standing in front of me. I looked up from my phone to see Sofia staring down at me.

"Alright, I'm here" Sofia said. "So, what favor do you need?"

I stood up, towering over her. "Can you keep a secret?"