𝐊𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 || 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 ~ 𝐀𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧

Warning: Fluff, Feels

Words: 1.1k

-------------------------------------

Their painful screams........

The flames flickering violently.........it was all there......

 I sat up straight crying out in fear, finding myself sweating horribly. I couldn't comprehend how I felt, but my body was trembling. My breathe was rapid, but slowly calming down only to feel tears streaming down. 

Grabbing a pillow, hugging it tightly to my chest trying my best to calm down. I was wide awake, knowing I will not sleep again.

"W-Why, why did they leave?" I whimper, my voice muffles into my pillow. "Dammit!!"

                                       ~Ba~Dum~

I swing my legs to the side rubbing my head before rubbing my eyes tiredly, dragging myself to put on my ninja outfit before jumping out of my window to clear my head.

I could hear the crickets chirp their tune, and I could hear everything grow so peaceful. Sighing deeply before finding a spot at the park to clear my head, I perched upon the branch. Another memory flashes before my eyes, making me gasp trembling in response. The wind bellows lowly through the trees, inhaling the sweet smell. 

"All I want is someone to be there," I whisper, lowering my head. "I feel I'm a burden to everyone."

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

My eyes slightly widen recognising that voice anywhere, I turn my head slightly to reveal Konoha's Copy Ninja. The man I have always stuck by since our younger years, knowing how terrible his life has been. Understanding that suffering.

Slowly growing up I grew to fall in love with him, without him knowing of those feelings.

"K-Kakashi....?"

He rests down right beside me, "It's three in the morning, what are you doing this early?" He questions.

"What are you doing at this hour?" I tease back, raising an eyebrow.

He hikes his eyebrows, "Well I was busy reading Icha Icha Paradise," he nervously replies. "......and then I saw you fly past my window, so I was wondering what was up?"

I look away feeling my heart speed up, "I'm okay, everything is fine," I lie, placing on a fake facade.

He shook his head, shuffling closer to me.

"I am very observant, I can see tried up tears on your cheeks," He says sternly, before he leans towards me wiping away the fresh tears away. I flinch in response, when I felt his other hand take mine. I slightly gasp in response, as my eyes widen looking up see his eyes soften.

 "Was it one of those nightmares again?"

My breathe hitches in my throat, "I-I.......m-maybe," I reply, sheepishly when I felt his arms wrap around me. I could feel my chest tighten, trying to bear with the pain. "I shouldn't be selfish."

"What's selfish?"

"I focus more on the past than what I have now,"

He shook his head, "No, it's because......it scarred you deeply and you cared about them," He explains, assuring me that I wasn't. 

Blinking away a few more tears, my breath wavers.

"B-but you also.....lived a bad childhood," I argue, when he nods.

"I'd say yeah I have, but with you beside me all the way.....you made me find my anchor, " He replies, his eyes sadden. "You're my rock, my light.......and without you I wouldn't know what I would do."

Tears began to well up before releasing them, as I cry silently feeling him pull me into his arms. I bury my face into his chest. I press my head against his chest, as I could hear his warm heart beat making me slowly relax into his touch. He holds me more closer, as I sank lower into his hold. I could just hear his steady heart beat, and the peace within Konoha. 

"I'm sorry," I croak out, as he starts to gently run his fingers through my hair.

"No need to be,"

"Kakashi......?"

"Hmm?"

"Um......I have something to say, which I'm afraid to tell you," I began, slowly and quietly. 

"And what would that be?"

"I......I l-love you," I whisper gently, closing my eyes tightly afraid for his answer. Within a few seconds, I felt him tilt my chin up.

"Open your eyes,"

"......."

"Let me see those eyes, please?" he whispers, huskily making me choke within my throat.

I slowly open my eyes to see him without his mask, feeling my eyes widen in complete shock. 

He softens his gaze before leaning down, pressing his soft lips against mine. Large tears well up, my eyes slightly widen in realisation taking in the moment, before I slowly relax in his touch. One of his hands wrap around my waist pulling me closer, kissing more more deeply. I could feel our breathe grew heavier without air. 

We pull away, feeling him place his temple against mine.

"Wha--?"

"I love you too," he whispers, feeling his thumb graze along my cheek wiping away the tears. "You have always been there for me, especially if I never needed it. It meant a lot for you and me, so thank you for being my anchor."

"Kakashi................" I whimper, as he pulls me into his arms more rubbing my back. 

"Come on, let's get you back to bed," he ushers me, before I felt him lift me bridal style. The cool breeze blows in the night, realising he started to head to my apartment nearby. I clung onto him feel the wind run through my hair, before long finding ourselves in my room landing gently on the window sill bending down to land on the ground. He walks over to my bed and places me down, placing the blanket around me before bending down. "Get some rest, you need it."

I took his wrist in my hand, he pauses in his tracks.

 "P-Please, don't go?" I whimper, hearing a soft chuckle beneath his mask.

Gladly complying he soon takes his vest off and gloves along with his sandals, and slid in right beside me. His arms slowly wrap around my smaller body, nuzzling into the crook of his neck comfortably.

"Is this okay?" he asks me, as I nod timidly.

"Yes, thank you," I whisper, as he rubs my back soothingly. "Also.......I love you too, Kakashi."

He hums deeply, feeling his chest vibrate beneath me.

"That's good to hear," he sighs deeply, before kissing my temple gently feeling my cheeks grow very warm in response. "Night, (N/N)."

"Night, Kakashi,"

-------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, so what did you think? I did have a naruto imagines book a while ago but it was so horrible I had to delete it. Anyway I'm gonna keep writing more, and requests are open if anyone is interest or has read my previous imagines books on my profile page. Anyway stay safe

~ Little Bean

{Edited 10/5/22}