Mistreatment Of BTS

I always wanted people to know, even after they got success they're still struggling and guess what? It's obvious that they're taken for granted by the industry :)

BTS debuted in Bighit Entertainment (I miss this name) in June of 2013. During that period bighit was a small company and so failed in getting to know BTS in the industry.

One of the major thing you need to know of K-pop is that it is monopolized by the big 3s which are: SM, YG & JYP.

We all know that when a group debuts officially the K-pop industry welcomes them warmly. But BTS were outsiders because they didn't produced music that carried typical K-pop sound.

Their music actually showed the form of society today (example N.O which stands for No Offense). They were rarely invited to any korean award shows, and guess what, they were pulling unbelievable numbers as much as the biggest artists in korea at the time.

This threatened the industry and tried almost everything to push them down and brings their own idols up.  I remember when in 2013 they were nominated for rookie of the year at M-net asian music awards, even though they were the best and most selling rookie artist M-net refused to give them that award. Like wtf, seriously? Oops forgot to mention that M-fckingnet didnt even invited them. Next year when they did invite them, M-net allowed them to perform on the red carpet. On the same year, namjoon and yoongi attended a hiphop event in seoul, the conversation deflected many times to insult them and the other members. 

They were called girls for wearing stage makeup [literally ever kpop idol does that!], again and again told they weren't hiphop and in overall just downgraded them in front of everyone.

In 2015 BTS were finally invited to perform at Mnet asian music awards, but again were allowed to perform only one song meanwhile a 3 month old rookie group were allowed to perform 3 songs.

In 2016, they still never got a proper waiting room during any music shows, they practiced and got ready in front of bathrooms and that's the reason why other idols looked down on them. Okay but keep in mind they had the best selling album of the year. That same year, BTS were invited to perform at the 2016 Busan One Asia Festival, their chance to perform was in the last, but our namjoonie was injured so SBS cancelled their stage without informing bighit. Basically they were invited but they didn't let them perform. At the end of the show armies were extremely enraged and wouldn't leave without a performance, so of course there was no choice left for SBS and let BTS perform but didn't broadcasted the performance.  Our boys went up on the stage without cameras, proper lighting and the stage wasn't even clean, they only performed for ARMYs who waited for them all day. 

They were treated like they were absolutely nothing.  It might've been easier to forget this but BTS's career took them to greater heights progressively. 

Now let me tell you why they don't appear on korean Tv shows anymore\ rarely. In 2014 after a year they debuted they attended their first variety show. Keep in mind that half of them were minors at that time. The host accused BTS of plagiarizing the boy group EXO for wearing school uniform in their MV BOY IN LUV. 

Yoongi even tried to explain but the host kept twisting his words. 

After that almost in all of the variety shows they were treated like this. Its like its not a problem until BTS does it. Even in american shows this happened but we tend to not pay most of the attention to it. No one really accepts BTS and their success but us ARMYs gonna support them until eternity. Thanks to BH for always supporting bts too. So like this I'll end this chapter. I hope you have a nice day don't forget to stream BUTTER when its out. Borahae ARMYs 💜