Chapter Seven

"Will you shut up?" Jungkook groaned at the man whimpering and moaning in pain. The man was bloody and bruised and was tied up to a chair in one of the dark interrogation rooms. Jungkook looked at Minho, one of his colleagues, who nodded at him before leaving the room and locking it behind him.

"It is just you and me now, Jung. Either you answer my questions or I bring the special toys we have for criminals like you to play on." Jungkook's voice was still and calm as he dragged a chair towards the bleeding man. He sat right in front of him and smirked when he noticed the flinch and shiver that went through the man.

"Who is Kitty Gang?" Jungkook asked, his voice as calm and cool as possible, as he drew patterns on the armrest of his chair.

"I-I don't know." The man whimpered and flinched when Jungkook leaned closer.

"Don't make me use my gun, Jung. I am well aware of the tricks your gang play and I am not in the mood for games." Jungkook's voice did not lose its cool, yet was a bit tighter and harsher than before.

"I know nothing about Kitty Gang, yet I do know something valuable." The man's grin was feral, blood seeping through his teeth and lips, and Jungkook's ears perked up at his words. The man leaned closer and Jungkook scowled in disgust when he felt the man's lips graze the tips of his ears.

"I do know that the officer sitting in front of me cannot make threats about whipping his gun out. I do know that he is just a little wittle boy afraid of guns." The man whispered slyly and regained his position by sitting upright on the chair.

Jungkook sat there, his ears pounding and his heart racing, and tried to process what the man just said. When he jumped out of the train of thoughts he was stuck in, he looked at the man chuckling at him humorously and sneered at him. Before Jungkook knew it, his fists were colliding with the man's jaws again and again until he felt Minho pull him back. Even after losing a few of his teeth and a minor dislocation of the jaw, the man who now lay on the floor managed a hearty laugh when he looked at Jungkook, who was struggling to escape from Minho's hold.

"I just have one thing to tell you, officer. Rush to Kitty Gang and seek for aid and protection. He is going to unleash his demons into Seoul soon and only Kitty Gang could give you a sliver of protection. Seoul is going to bleed through every little crack and holes and I pray that you see him sit on the throne he carved straight out of bones and skull." The man laughed like a lunatic while the two officers stood there, shocked and stunned to the core.

***

Jungkook left the precinct, sweating bullets, after Namjoon asked him to take a small break. He decided to visit his brother whose cafe was a walkable distance from the precinct. The conversation he had with that man was on a loop inside his head as it made him question about his intention towards Kitty Gang. Was Kitty Gang really evil as he thought he was? Was he an enemy? The questions ran across his mind as he practically jogged to seek comfort from his brother.

The cafe was refreshing and inviting the moment Jungkook opened the door as the smell of freshly baked cookies and cakes never failed to cheer him up. He looked around the cafe in search of his brother and his heart did a somersault when his vision landed on his brother. His brother was talking animatedly to his angel who was looking at his brother as if he was being taught the holy scripture. His attention was solely fixed on his brother that Jungkook pitied the cup of forgotten and melting milkshake in front of the boy. He walked closer to their table and waved his hands when his brother finally took notice of him.

"Hello brother dearest and-" He shifted his gaze to meet the warm and soft gaze of his angel and involuntarily his mouth curved into a delicate smile. "Hey Jimin." He said, his voice soft and his tone tinted with shyness.