Prologue - JJK

“Han, relax. We will catch Kitty Gang no matter what. Just chill.” The young officer said and grabbed the nearby glass of water and handed it to the fuming man. “Here, drink this and calm down.” The officer said and leaned back against his chair.

No one has seen this Kitty Gang or heard his voice. The only identification is the alphabets K and G he carve on the bodies of his victim once he leaves them behind in front of the police station in a body bag. No cameras ever caught him for he was too skilled and swift to be caught in a camera.

“Officer Jeon!” He heard the chief call him and he immediately got up from his seat. He knew what he would be facing and braced himself for it. The black body bag almost shone under the lights and he knew what was inside it. He saw officer Han approach the bag with rage and sorrow and rushed to his side when the man collapsed looking at the mutilated body of his best friend.

“He is dead, Jungkook. That monster killed him and I will not rest until I send that demon back to hell.” Officer Han wailed as he leaned against Jungkook who felt helpless. That was when he realized that only he and Han remained in their team of fifteen who were assigned to capture that ruthless monster.

“Don’t worry, Han. That demon will crawl back through whatever hole it came from, wounded and dying.” Jungkook assured his friend and helped the rest of the detectives and officers in arranging the dead officer’s funeral. By the time Jungkook reached home, it was almost dawn and he regretted coming home late the moment he saw his brother pacing outside their apartment. 

The moment his brother caught his silhouette, he rushed to hug the man who hugged him in return.

“Don’t you dare do this again, Jungkook-ah. Please inform me if you are going to be late. A simple text would be great. Please don’t make me worry like this.” his brother sobbed as he held the young officer tighter in his embrace.

“I am so sorry, Hyung. I was caught up in helping the rest of the detectives arrange Kang’s funeral. I won’t repeat my mistake, I promise.” Jungkook said with sincerity and his brother broke the hug to caress his cheeks.

“You will never know how scared I was the moment I saw the news. You will never know how my heart races everytime I hear that an officer was murdered.” His brother said as he went inside their apartment.

“Jin Hyungie, I am sorry.” The officer said and flashed a bunny smile when his brother ruffled his hair. Jungkook silently watched his brother prepare some ramen for him and yelped when his brother pulled his ears.

“Go and wash up, brat. Behave like a twenty six years old.” His brother scolded and Jungkook sulked all the way to the bathroom.

***

“Jin Hyung will be back soon and I don’t want him to fire me.” The man said as he watched his best friend eat his seventh cupcake. The man gave him a gummy smile in return and reached for the eighth cupcake but stopped when he felt his friend’s glare bore through his head.

“No one will believe that the cold hearted and stone faced Min Yoongi loved eating frosted cupcakes and mini brownies.” The man scoffed and chuckled when he saw the latter pout at him.

“What is wrong with eating pastries? It doesn’t change the fact that my heart is made of stone and ice.” The man huffed as he took a huge bite of his caramel brownies making his friend roll his eyes.

“Stop rolling your eyes, Hobi. It is a bad habit.” Yoongi said as he continued to devour the pastries his friend set aside for him.

“Jin Hyung is going to fire me the moment he finds out that I have been giving you unlimited free stuff.” Hoseok groaned and went back to the counter when he heard the door open.

Yoongi saw how hard his friend worked and that was the only reason why he always made sure that he snuck in a few hundred dollar bills into the cash register whenever he could. Hoseok did things no one would do and Yoongi will never forget that as long as he remained in this world. 

He saw his best friend smile as he gave the customer a cup of some delicious drink to go and smiled when the red haired male sat beside him. Hobi rested his head against Yoongi’s shoulder and Yoongi noticed how tired his friend was. He ran his fingers through Hobi’s hair as the red haired boy snuggled closed making Yoongi smile.

Yoongi had no one to take care of, no one to look after or no one to go home to until he met this adorable red haired man who decided to show him something no one ever did - Kindness. Hoseok gave Yoongi a reason to smile, to laugh, to cry and most importantly to come home alive everyday. All Yoongi wanted in his life was to make sure that Hoseok finds someone who would love him more than Hoseok could imagine. All Yoongi wanted was to make sure that Hobi’s contagious smile never faded.

***

“Kim Seokjin” Jin heard the familiar voice call him the moment he stepped outside his apartment. After making sure that Jungkook was safe and sleeping, Jin decided to visit his cafe. He was feeling very bad for letting Hoseok manage the cafe alone and already made a mental note to give him a pay rise.

Jin slowly turned around to meet the dark brown eyes of the man he gave his heart to. His mouth curved into a very beautiful smile seeing the man’s wide grin. He extended his hand to the ebony haired man who gladly took his hand with a smile. Jin felt their shoulders brush as they walked to his cafe in a comfortable silence. When they reached his cafe, the man turned to his side and pecked Jin’s cheek lightly. Jin could feel blood rush to his cheeks and lightly shoved the ebony headed man with a shy smile.

“Joonie! We are in the public. Behave.” Jin said and glanced at the glass wall, only to find Hoseok snuggling against a mint haired man who was looking at him fondly and running his fingers through Hobi’s hair.

“Namjoon-ah?” Jin called out and the man smiled at him, flashing his dimples. Jin poked his dimple with a chuckle and grabbed Namjoon’s hand.

“Wanna grab some coffee with me?” Jin asked and Namjoon raised his eyebrows at him.

“Aren’t you a cafe owner?” Namjoon asked with a smirk and Jin flicked his forehead making his yelp.

“I think Hobi and his boyfriend are spending quality time together and I don’t want to disturb them.” Jin said and Namjoon immediately looked for Hobi’s boyfriend. Even though the couple kept their relationship hidden from the rest of the world, Hobi was the only one who knew about it and was very supportive. All Namjoon wanted was to make sure that the man found someone who would cherish him.

Namjoon looked at the huge window with a smile but froze when he saw the familiar mint haired man sitting beside a sleeping Hobi. 

***

Yoongi turned to face the window with a small smile playing on his lips but the smile faded the moment he saw ebony haired man looking at him. Yoongi raised an eyebrow when he noticed Namjoon’s hand intertwined with a purple haired man who looked absolutely ethereal. Yoongi smirked at Namjoon and couldn’t help but chuckle when he saw Namjoon clenching his jaws. 

Yoongi saw Namjoon drag a confused Jin away from the cafe and slowly leaned against Hoseok. He closed his eyes with a sinister smirk on his face. He was certain that he would be having a very interesting conversation with the ebony haired man that night.