Prologue

Maybe none of this would have happened if I never listened.

Maybe if I didn't listen to them, I wouldn't be on the ground bleeding and slowly dying.

Or maybe this was how it was always suppose to end.

I don't want to die. 

How did I get into this hell-like mess? I don't really know. 

***

-Beginning of flashback-

"Some of us aren't so lucky" Kenji wheezed out as he laughed at his co-worker getting rejected by yet another girl.

"What Sato said!" One of them yelled while slamming a shot down on the bar table. "You've gotten rejected at least four times! Just give it up already!"

"Well at least I have the guts to ask a stunning girl out! All of you guys aren't even trying at anything! And well, Kenji can get anyone he wants! He just has gorgeous face!" The other bickered back while pointing at Kenji's face. "He's just so pretty!"

Kenji gave him a sly smile, "wow I never knew you thought of me like that Rin."

Rin looked the other way "get your head out of the gutter!"

"Ooo someone's blushing" the other cooed.

"Leave him alone Haru." Kenji said.

"Ugh you're no fun."

Kenji laughed at him. It was 10:00 P.M. on a warm Friday. So naturally after work was done at the Japan PI Inc, he and two other coworkers Rin and Haru decided to go out for drinks. Rin being the lightweight he is, got drunk after 3 drinks. Haru was a little tipsy and Kenji had a high tolerance when it came to alcohol.

"Don't be so bitter Haru, drink some more alcohol." Kenji said. 

"Yeah, drink more!" Rin cheered from the other side of the table.

"No! I don't want to end up like him by the end of the night! And not all of us have a high tolerance, Mr. perfect. And plus, I don't want to come home drunk, it would be a bad example for the kid."

"I forgot about her! How is Ai?" Kenji exclaimed.

"She's doing good! Her two-year-old birthday is coming up!"

"Wait guys..." Rin said, the other two focused their attention on him.

"What is it?" Kenji and Haru asked in sync.

"Okay it might be the alcohol talking but is that the director?" He said as he pointed to the entrance behind Kenji.

Kenji looked behind him and gasped. "That is the director! Why is he here? We invited him but he said he was too busy with paperwork"

"Maybe he changed his mind!" Haru said cheerfully.

"He didn't change his mind you Moron!" Rin said.

"Maybe he did! You'll never know!" Haru bickered back.

Kenji sighed as the two idiot's infront of him argued. He jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Good evening gentlemen, can I borrow Sato for a moment?"

Kenji stood up and followed the director as the two watched them leave the bar and walk out of the restaurant.