Season 4, Chapter 1: "Eagle's Eye"

A Special Note:

This series is dedicated to the fans, and to the wonderful people of the /r/Killing Eve Discord server. You guys inspire me to keep writing and to challenge my creativity, so thank you! This is my first ever fanfiction and feedback is welcome. More chapters coming soon. Enjoy.

...

Helene was in her office, tapping away at her desk with a ballpoint pen. Her grip loosened a bit too much and the pen slipped between her fingers and fell to the carpet, rolling under the desk to the opposite side. She didn't care to pick it up and let out a sigh as she leaned back in her chair. An hour had passed and she knew something was wrong when Rhian didn't show up with Villanelle. She glanced at the clock. It was late in the evening. Where the hell are they? She reached over the desk and pressed a button.

"Anything yet? Messages, voicemails, missed calls?"

"No ma'am, but I will let you know as soon as something comes up."

"Thank you Cassie."

She got up and paced around the room, growing impatient, and worried. Helene didn't like being left in the dark about things, and this aggravated her to no end. Not only that, but she was going to miss her daughter's soccer game. Again. She lost count of how many times she had to cancel plans to see her daughter, because of situations like these to screw it up. Her daughter was too young to stay mad at her for being away on long business days, but as she grew older, she would learn to hate her. It was inevitable. For now, she found ways to get Helene's attention, like starting fights at school or getting herself injured. She smiled. The universe had a funny sense of humor. Helene stopped pacing. She went back to her desk and spoke through the com again.

"Cassie, you can take the night off. I'm going out."

"Yes ma'am."

She grabbed her coat and left the building to catch the game before it ended, knowing that this wouldn't make up for the many times she would disappoint her daughter, time and time again.

...

The next morning, Helene woke up and checked her phone. There were a few voicemails and unread messages from Cassie. The last one she sent read, "You need to see this!"  along with an attachment underneath. She tapped on it and it redirected her to an online article titled, Mystery Woman Found Dead In Subway. As she read it, her eyes grew wide and she slowly sat up on the edge of her bed. Her nose flared up and her grip tightened on the phone. What. The. Fuck. She slammed the phone on the bed and took a deep breath, staring off into space. That bitch.

She snatched a bottle of pills off the nightstand and swallowed a couple down with wine, then she quickly got dressed, skipping her routine shower, and drove to work with french toast clenched between her teeth. A jaywalker was crossing the street and Helene hit the breaks, spilling coffee on the leather passenger seat. Fucking idiot. She didn't hesitate and slammed her foot on the gas pedal, running over the jaywalker. She looked in the rear view mirror and saw that he was still moving, so she put the car in reverse and ran over him several more times. She knew this street was usually empty and trees covered either side of the road, so she didn't worry about witnesses. She got out of the car and checked his pulse. No heartbeat. She got back in and drove off, glancing at the side mirror. She smiled and felt much better now.

When she reached the top floor of the building, she walked up to Cassie, who straightened up in her chair.

"Good morning ma'am."

"Morning Cassie"

"Do you need anything?"

"Yes, would you please call a cleanup crew and have them get to work on my car. Tell them it's a bit dirty underneath and to replace the wheels. There's also a coffee spill on the passenger seat."