Chapter 13: Burning the Candle

The Next Day...

The next day, Ruby is resting her head on her hand and staring into the distance before she got startled by Weiss who slams her palms on the table that Ruby is at.

Weiss: I need you to pick a tablecloth.

She smiles as she slides two tablecloths over to Ruby. Ruby look at both of them and they seem to be similar which makes her confused.

Ruby: Aren't they both the same?

Weiss: *sighs* I don't even know why I asked!

Weiss sighed in frustration as she walks away, leaving Ruby. Yang comes in carrying a massive sound speaker on her shoulder as she puts it on the ground and brushes her hands. After that, she noticed Ruby who is moping on the table as she approaches her sister.

Yang: So, have you picked out a dress yet?

Ruby: What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going?

Yang: Oh, don't worry. She's going.

She said, trying to comfort her little sister until she looks at Weiss and walk towards her.

Yang: Weiss! I thought we agreed. No doilies!

She said as Weiss walk towards her

Weiss: If I don't get doilies, you don't get fog machines!

Weiss said as the girls were interrupted by the sound of doors opening, showing Sun and his friend Neptune.

Neptune: Your dance is gonna have fog machines?

He asked as Weiss stepped up to him and her attitude changed.

Weiss: We were thinking about it...

Neptune: That's pretty cool.

Sun: You ladies all excited for dress-up?

Ruby: Pfft... Yeah, right!

Ruby nonchalantly said to Sun.

Yang: Laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow night!

Weiss: What are you two wearing?

Sun: Uuhhh... this?

Sun confusingly said, gesturing his hand to his outfit that he's wearing.

Neptune: Ignore him for he knows not what he says.

Sun: Hey, I may have moved to Mistral, but I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt-and-tie kind of place.

Yang: Yeah, we noticed.

Sun: Soooo... What does Blake think of all this? She still being all, y'know... Blake-y?

Weiss: Obviously.

Ruby: I still can't think of a way to change her mind.

Yang: Guys, trust me. Blake will be at the dance tomorrow.

She said as she walk out of the room, leaving them behind.

_____
_____

Library

The Faunus herself is sitting at one of the library tables with a holographic screen in front of her. Her eyes shows that she is lacking of sleep, barely focusing on what she's seeing right now... Until a red dot appears on the screen, moving up and down. Blake's eyes follow it down to her hand, then disappears entirely. She looks behind her, irritated, only to find noone but the students that are studying.
Blake turned her back to the computer as she starts typing on the beeping keyboard. Unfortunately for her, the laser dot appears on her hand again, causing her to look around again and still find no one, irritating her more. The red point shows up on the screen, moving around in circles until Blake scowls and slammed her fists on the table. She stands up from her chair and finds the red dot on the floor, following it until she almost bumped into the culprit. Blake's eyes widened in shock as she saw Yang standing in front of her.