Happy Halloween

Lime's PoV:

It had been five years since the incident at Mira

Five whole years.

The kids had taken a liking to space school, yet I'm sure they had mixed feelings about going on an actual physical mission.

Yeah, we're still not sure if we'll let them go, but we'll see. After all, we still have time until Chocolate is 10. Almost another full year to decide.

Oh, and we've stopped using our code names, of course. So you can call me Thomas now, if you like.

"Lime!" Chocolate yelled. Yup, he was the only one who still called me that.

"What's wrong, Choccy?" I asked, as he ran up to me with a pouting face.

"Lemon said that I can't go trick-or-treating because I'm a baby!"

"She was probably joking" James laughed, walking into the living room with a variety of buckets for them to carry their candy in.

James, AKA Black, the only other adult member of the crew who survived the mission. One of the imposters who were forced into killing the crewmates. And the only one who hadn't treated me like a piece of trash at one point or another.

It wasn't always the plan for us to move into the house together, but he noticed I was struggling and offered to help. Hey, I'm not complaining... I like him being around. And I love the children, just... 9 was difficult when you're on your own. 10 children between two adults is easier, trust me.

Now the older ones are slightly more independent, and can help out as well, so it's all okay. I love my life. The kids are adorable.

"Oki..." Chocolate said, nodding and smiling. "So I'm allowed to go?"

"Of course!" I exclaimed, slightly adjusting the bear-ear headband he was wearing.
I recognised that headband. It was the one his mother wore in Mira HQ...

"Rarr!" He yelled, leaping out at the next person to walk past, which just so happened to be Rose. She had no response, only continued on her way, eyes glued to her phone.

Only just 13, but she's definitely rocking the 'moody teenager' stereotype.

Chocolate sighed, hanging his head dejectedly, "Am I not a scawy bear?"

Scarlet, who was dressed up as a cop, walked through at this point, saw that Chocolate was upset so pretended to be frightened, leaping into the air in mock surprise. "AaAaaAa please don't eat me!"

"But I'm really hungry!" Chocolate declared, proudly standing up as tall as he could. "And I like to eat police officers!" With that, he proceeded to chase Scarlet around the house.

"Help meeee!" She squealed, before letting him catch her, she collapsed onto the floor, pretending to be dead.

"S-Scarlet?" He nervously whimpered, shaking her arm. "It's just me..."

"Really?" The older child replied, sitting up. "Wow, I thought you were a real life bear! You're so scary!"

"But I'm even scarier!" Peach yelled, sliding down the stair banister and leaping down the last bit. "Stabby Steve is going to get you!!"