Chapter Five- Back Again

"That was probably the worst possible news the doctor could have told you." Said Olivia. We just got back from the doctors. It wasnt good news. Again. 

"I know." I  said, sadness clear in my voice. 

"I mean, what happens when it spreads and you get really sick? What am i suppose to tell people at school when you stop going? Me and you are attached at the hip." Olvia said staring at me intently. 

"I dont know. I havnt really thought about it. It hasnt spread since i was 7. That's 10 years. I dont want to get really sick again. It just grew back the way i wanted it to! I dont want to lose it again. People will deffinatly notice then." 

"Ave, it'll be okay. I'll be there for you. I'll be right by your side the whole time." 

"Pinky sware?" I asked holding out my pinky. 

"Pinky sware." We wrapped our pinky's around each others, then locked it with our thumbs. 

I think it's about time I tell you whats going on. 

I have Leukemia. It's been in my body since i was 6 years old. I lost my hair completely just before i turned 7. I was really sick for awhile. The doctors did'nt think i was going to make it but for some odd reason, i did. They said they were 'all amazed i made it to my 8th Birthday.' and that i was 'A living mirical.' It took allot of pain to go through though. I'm not sure if i can do it again. 

It's back though, and the doctor told me it's spreading fast. Last month i went into the hospital,-or doctor, as i like to tell people- for a MRI scan, and there was nothing, now there's a large ammount, spreading throughout my stomach. 

How am i suppose to tell my mom the news? She blamed herself when i got sick the first time. 

How am i suppose to tell Isaac? We're starting to become really good friends, and im pretty sure he'll notice when i dont come to school, or return his calls or txt's. 

How am i suppose to go through all of this again? It was hard enough the first time. 

I looked down at my phone. 

1 Missed Call from: Mother dearest

1 New Message from: Mother dearest 

Hey, Ave. How'd the doctors go? I'll be home tomorrow morning. Please call me and tell me how it went! I love you! 

How am i suppose to explain to my mom that i cancer, again? This will literally break her heart. 

Ring... Ring.... Ring..... 

"Hello?" The other line spoke. 

"Hey, mom." 

"Avery! How'd the doctors go? I'm so sorry you had to go alone! I just couldnt get out of this trip." 

"I understand." I said

"So.. How'd it go?" She asked suspicious. 

"Mom... Its back." I couldnt take it anymore. I starting balling my eyes out at that point. 

"It's going to be alright Avery. We're gonna get through this, okay baby? Dont cry. I love you." 

"Mom, I can't go through it again though! It was so hard the last time! It was so painful. All the bone-marrow injections, Kemo, everything. It hurts so much!" I said

"I know, baby. It'll be okay. I'll be there in a few hours. I'm taking a early flight home. I'll call you when the plane lands, okay?" 

"Okay, mom. I love you." 

"Love you to sweety." 

I could hear the pain in her voice. Why did that stupid cancer have to come back? Its tearing this family apart! It's killing my mom on the inside! I know that she must be crying her eyes out rite now! 

This is  one of the terrible days to come. 

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Author's note:

I know guys, its a short chapter. But i think it reveals allot. As to why Avery wont get into a serious realationship. I'll probably be updtaing again today, if not, tommorrow. 

Love you guys! 

-Maisyn