Chapter 1

I wake up to the sound of my boyfriend of four years yelling and breaking things from downstairs. I groan covering my head with the blanket as I hear his loud footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Please don't be too mad" I think to myself as he throws the door to our room open as I hear it slam against the wall making me jump.

I'm terrified, I know how he is yet here I am still living with him and being with him.

"Get the Fuck up now" He yells yanking the blankets off of me.

I slowly sit up as he yanks me by the arm, throwing me down the stairs as tears fill my eyes. I will for sure have bruises from that tomorrow.

"Get up and stop being worthless" He says, yanking me up off the floor and pulling me into the kitchen.

"Make me breakfast, then go get some beers for me and the boys" He says walking away as I pull out a pan, bacon, and pancake mix.

I mix the pancakes starting them in the pan as I cleaned up the broken picture frame and lamp that he broke.

After making his breakfast I take them over to him handing them to him.

" Now go get the beer " He says, throwing me his keys.

I catch them grabbing my phone and going out to my car. I start it, before heading to the market.

[ Skip drive ]

I pull into the market and turn off the car as tears began to fill my eyes. I turn on my phone clicking on the one person who has always been there for me no matter what.

" Hello?" Sam's voice says coming through my phone.

"Sam" I say as my voice cracks and my tears fall from my eyes.

"Krissy what's wrong?" Sam asks his voice laced with worry.

"Brandon.. He... I'm tired of not being happy and being hurt" I say as tears fall freely.

"Leave him then Krissy, you can do better"  Sam says simply.

"I can't he would kill me" I say, biting my lip to contain the whimper that wants to leave them.

"He wouldn't really kill you" Sam says, chuckling to himself.

" Sam.... he would kill me, he's abusive Sam" I say crying harder finally letting my brother know the truth that has been hiding behind closed doors for two years.

"Krista, this isn't funny stop joking" Sam says in a serious tone.

"I'm not joking Sam" I say crying harder.

" Krissy..." I hear him sigh through the phone as I hear him shuffle around.

"I'm buying a plane ticket for a 3 am flight, can you make it there?" Sam asks as I hear his fingers typing on his laptop.

"Yea, why?" I ask wiping my face before getting out of my car and walking towards the store.

"You're going to come stay with me, so that you're safe" Sam says sternly.

"Sam he'll kill me" I say, grabbing two cases of beer and putting them into my cart.

"No he won't, I don't want my baby sister getting hurt, you're gonna sneak out, drive to the airport, then never look back" Sam says quickly as I hear people come into the room he's in.

"Okay" I say, biting my lip to keep from crying.

"I love you sissy" Sam says calmly.

"I love you too bubba" I say before ending the call.