12| Meeting

Hey Babes, I haven't updated my book yet. Because I am burning out, I have a lot of college applications to pass and wait for the results at the same time maintaining my school work. Thank you for understanding. 🤍🤍🤍

Here is another update, I will be giving you a double update today!

Please comment or vote for this book because recently, I am unmotivated to write and I really need your support for this babes. Thank you and Enjoy! =)

Previously on Midnight Queen

...

"Anyways have a good night ladies, Laila walk me to the door bambina" I nodded, Isabel giving me thumbs up and a cheeky smile, I simply rolled my eyes at her. "Goodbye bambina I am looking forward to you accepting my contract" He kissed my cheek "Buenas Noches Alessandro" I smiled "Buona Notte gattina"

...

~ Laila ~

Time seems to be running at a fast pace, everything in this week seems like a blur. Tomorrow is the time Alessandro will present the contract, he sent me the details where to meet. He said it will be a formal meeting. I arrived at the hospital with a coffee in hand because Isabel ranted about her new flavor of the week. "Hey Laila, Good morning. Here is your schedule for the day" "Thanks Samantha have a good day chica" I smiled and headed to my room to change into my scrubs. I reviewed my schedule for today, it looks like David will make an appearance for today. He is in his late 60s undergoing therapy because of old age and diabetes. Sometimes he says he is lazy coming here or sometimes he forgets, I am hoping for the best he won't because I brought with me healthy oatmeal cookies that he loves so much. A knock on my door disturbs my peace. Samantha's head popped from the door with a gentle smile "Doc, David is here" "Good, good let him come in" I responded. David comes in with his sunglasses and a cane. "Good to know you still remembered you have an appointment with me today" I chuckled. "Of course how can I forget my beautiful Doctor, so doc do you still have that cookie?" I chuckled amused with his banter to get over his cravings. "You mister, You still have that banter, good to know you only remember me if you needed cookies, not therapy." I pointed my index finger at him jokingly. He chuckles and widens his eyes when I handed to him to get one cookie from the container. "Well, you are truly beautiful. I wonder why you are still single doc" I choked on my saliva "Thank you for these, it never changes you still bake them just the same. It makes my cravings for sweets less if I am eating this. Thank you" he gave me a genuine smile, it melts my heart knowing I made my patients feel good about themselves. "Ok let's start with stretching and do your routine, ok?" "Sure doc"

After an hour of therapy with David I gave him some routines he could do at his home so that he could not come here next week or if he forgets there will be no delay in his progress.

My next patient would be Raffaele. He came inside the room with a giddy smile on his face "Hey Laila" waving at me "Hi Raffaele, do you want oatmeal cookies before we start?" "Sure thing" Handing him the container, he takes one. "Thank you Laila, this is so good. You are a good baker" eating his cookie happily. He muttered, "My Boy is one lucky bastard" I almost choked on my saliva, as far as I can remember I already choked once on my saliva today because of David's comment on me being single and now I almost choked on Raffaele's comment about his son. I cleared my throat "Uhmm Raffaele, we should start stretching then do your routine, I have added more exercise to give you a speedy recovery" He nodded.

It was already 30 minutes when Raffaele started to change the topic "Laila do you want to have dinner with us this Saturday Evening? I heard you are good friends with Isabel, their cousin, and my niece" I made a contemplating face, but I sighed when I saw Raffaele's pleading face. "I don't want to intrude Raffaele" "My dear you won't be, actually my wife wanted to meet you. The girl who is treating me at the same time catches my son's gaze" I gasped and blushed "Uhm Raffaele I will check my schedule and inform you if I will be available" I smiled, he also returned the gesture.