#1

5 years after their victory against Kibutsuji Muzan. Everyone and everything have calmed down since then. People are living peacefully without the worry of demons. Although that may be a good thing, The Demon Slayers Corps are now disbanded. With all of the demons gone, they have no more purpose to be an organization. All of the surviving Demon Slayers are now living their lives peacefully but a young adult living in Sagiri Mountain alongside his sister seems to have something in mind.

" Hey Nezuko, what do you think those airheads are doing right now? " Tanjiro asked his sister while letting out a small sigh.

" Im sure they're doing fine all on their own. You miss them do you? "

" Yeah.. It's been 5 years huh? Time sure do flies by quickly. "

" It does.., Hey Onii Chan. How old are you? "

" 21. Come to think of it.. It's your birthday tomorrow, right? "

December 27th. Just a day before Nezuko turns 20. Unfortunately for the sibling, they are not earning enough money by selling charcoal so they won't be able to throw a big birthday for his sister.

" I'm sorry Nezuko, I should've maid more money for tomorrow. I'm really sorry."

" No, it's not your fault Onii Chan. It's pretty rough here in the mountains, especially in the winter days. I totally understand that you've been putting in the work for the both of us "

" But still. It's not enough... Come to think of it. Do you remember what Aoi-San said after we killed Muzan? "

------ Flashback ------

" Tanjiro. Im really grateful to you. Thank you so much for finally ending the curse of this world. "

" No no... I just did what the Corps are supposed to do. What are you planning on doing now Aoi-San? "

"Me? Oh I'm probably going to stay here at the estate alongside Kanao."

Tanjiro recalls from a couple of days back, when Kanao was willing to risk her won life to save Tanjiro when he became a menace.

" Right.. Kanao, Aoi-San how is she? Can I go see her? I need to thank her for what she's done for me up until now."

Tanjiro alongside Aoi walked to Kanao's room where she lies with a cover on her left eye to which she lost vision on. Kanao realizes the two figures and welcomes them in her room.

"Here she is.."

"Kanao.. Thanks a lot Aoi-San."

"Then. I'll leave the both of you here for a while. If you don't mind Tanjiro. Can you look after Kanao for me? I need to go pick up her medicine. I'll be back in a bit."

Tanjiro nods signaling that there's no problem and she can rest assured.

"How's your eye Kanao?"

"It doesn't hurt as much anymore thanks to Aoi for taking good care of me.."

" I'm sorry. I'm really sorry Kanao. This is all my fault, I don't want to see you like this." Tanjiro says while sheding a bit of tears.

Kanao could feel the regret and gloom that fills up the room and she knows that she has to do something to comfort Tanjiro.

" Hey. What are you planning on doing now? Now that the Corps are no more.."

"Right. Nezuko and I are planning on returning to Mt.Sagiri and live there. We'll still visit you guys some other time though." the boy replied now with a light smile on his face.