Chapter 4

>>Isaac<<
"So, the thing about not trusting each other is a lie?" I ask.
"I think so," Kennedy says. "And honestly what does it matter, we don't know each other. We can decide what happens to us next, unless you want to be gullible?"
We all stay quiet, Henry and Skylar are probably thinking the same as me, she's right and all of us fell for the trick that was being played.
"We should probably get going," I say, finally breaking the silence.
"Yeah, lets go," Henry agrees.
When we're walking Kennedy insists on walking by herself.

When the sun was in the middle of the sky Henry admitted, "I'm tired of this." And walked next to Kennedy.
All I could hear was "I told you I wanted to be by myself."
After that Henry must have negotiated with her because they were walking and talking for a while.
We're walking for a while until Skylar asks, "Kennedy, when you first woke me up yesterday you said that you love geography, right?"
Kennedy starts to walk backwards looking kinda shocked at the question, "Yeah. What about that?"
"Where are we?" Skylar questions and jerks her head in front of us to a bunch of mountains.
    "Ummmm," she says, snapping her fingers. "Let me think."
    "You actually know where we are?" Henry asked in awe. "How can you tell a bunch of  mountains apart?"
    She rolls her eyes but stays silent. "And as a matter of fact we are currently in Glacier National Park in Montana. But to answer your question, yes I can tell Mountains apart."
    "And I thought Geography was part of math?" Henry asks, obviously very confused.
    Kennedy rolls her eyes, "You're think-"
    "I got this one Kennedy," I cut her off, and she turns around to walk normally again. "Like she was saying, you're thinking of Geometry, we're talking about Geography."
    "And," Henry says, still confused. "What's the difference?"
    "In Geometry you're working with shapes like triangles and squares, whereas in Geography you're working with land and stuff like that," I tell him. "Make sense?"
    "Mostly," He says, like he's trying to process it.
    "Well too bad, I don't know how to dumb it down anymore, so you're a loss cause," I say.
    "Hey! I am not dumb!" He shouts looking so insulted.
    "You're right, you're also a moron" Kennedy jokes (I think.)
    "Nice one, Ken," I say and she looks back at me. "Sorry, I'll call you Kennedy. It just kinda, slipped out."
    "It's fine, I like it," she says, smiling and looking forward again.
    Everyone stays silent for a couple of minutes until Skylar asks, "should we ask anyone for help?"
    "Ya know, that would be a good idea," Henry says.
    "Well there isn't going to be a lot of people in the woods at this time if it's a weekday, but if it's a weekend then I wouldn't know why no ones out," Ken says it like it's common knowledge.
"Well we could check if there are any grounds keepers that could help in the main area," I suggest.
"Yeah," Ken says. "It should only be a couple of minutes until we get to the open part of the park."
Walking and talking mostly about how dumb Henry was compared to Kennedy. It took about half an hour to get to the open part of the park.
"So Kennedy, where would the groundskeepers be?" Henry asks.
"Well Moron, they are groundskeepers so they could honestly be anywhere," Ken says it like it's the easiest thing to know in history, and honestly I don't blame her.
"I was just wondering, couldn't you say it nicer?" Henry grumbles.
"Oh sorry," Kennedy says, sounding so sincere. "Do you want me to say it, 'the park is pretty big so there aren't going to be everywhere you turn.'"
"I would have preferred it, if you said it like that," Henry mumbles.
"Well you ask a stupid question, you get a stupid answer," she replies matter of factly.
"Okay, well there's someone sitting on the bench over there," I interrupt, trying to break up that fight.
"I feel like eatheir Skylar, Ken or both should talk," I say. "Girls are more approachable, right?"
"Yeah, more antagonist's are male, so almost everyone would walk up to a female stranger opposed to a male stranger," Skylar says, going all out nerd.
"Okay, so are you going to talk like that to a normal person, because if you are then maybe Ken should do the talking," I joke.
"Sorry, but you wanted an answer, so I gave you a complete one," she replied while she's smiling at me in a matter-of-fact kind of way.
"Well are you going to go talk to them or not?" Henry says kind of scared, like this place brings back bad memories.
"Yeah, Sky come on," Kennedy looks at me like she thinks I should talk to him.
When they're out of hearing reach I ask Henry, "What's wrong, bro?"
He starts to fiddle with the beads on his neck, "this is the place where my dad gave me this, I forget why, I just know it was a family trip, and I was the only one from my family to leave, but then there was another girl, and another boy."
"Girl?" I ask. "Do you remember anything about her? What she looks like? How do you know her? Her age? Anything? And what about the boy?"
He closed his eyes, very relaxed like he's trying to sleep.
"The girl told me that everything was going to be alright," he says. "She's crying. Both me and the other boy are too. It happened over there." He pointed to where Kennedy and Skylar were. "And then there was an old woman, probably, late 60's," he kept going on and on about what this lady looks like. "She killed my parents."
Who he described is exactly who Kennedy and Skylar are talking to.