Chapter 2

>>Isaac<<
         We all have about the same things. I have an olive green hoodie, black T-shirt, with black and white under armour sneakers. Henry has the same thing except his hoodie was dark blue.
          Kennedy has a blue jean jacket over an off the shoulder light blue shirt, and dark blue Converse. Skylar has a green denim jacket over an off the shoulder light green shirt, and dark green Converse.
           We all have backpacks with things like a canteen, jackknife and some other stuff.
           The girls insist that we can't leave until they put their hair into a braid. That doesn't take as long as I thought it would so we get to leave before the sun was in the middle of the sky.
           The girls in front walking and talking and giggling. While Henry and I were a couple feet  behind them talking.
           "Hey, Kennedy!" Henry shouts.
           "Yes?" She answers not looking back.
           "Do you know where you're going?" he asks in a joking-around tone.
           She stops and turns her around to see us, crossing her arms, "do you?"
           Henry stays silent.
           "That's what I thought," she says, she turns around and starts walking again.
            We walk till it starts to get dark. We stop and find some sticks to make a fire. Somehow Skylar knows how to do that. We unroll our sleeping bags and just sit on the end nearest to the fire.
            "So," I say. "We don't really know each other that well."
            Skylar looks up at me, "well, I'm Skylar, my birthday is September 5th, and I am best at ELA."
             "My birthday is August 27th, and I'm good at geography," Kennedy says.
             "Okay, so, my name is Isaac. My birthday is July 15th, and I know a bit of math," I say.
    "Birthday buds, bro," Henry says excitedly.
             We go a few minutes in silence until Kennedy says, "Henry?"
             He looks up at her, "yeah?"
             "What's that on your neck?" She asks.
             "I actually do remember this," he starts fidgeting with the three beads around his neck. "Quite glad too. My dad died when I was younger. He got this when he... He..." Henry stumbles.
             "He what," Skylar says.
             "Surprise surprise, I don't remember," he says flatly. "I just know it means a lot."
"I'm getting tired," Kennedy says, but when I look at her, her eyes have tears in them, strands of her wavy blond hair that was taken out of its braid minutes ago, in her face.
"Me too," Henry says.
     I wait for about ten to fifteen minutes after they laid down and closed their eyes till I spoke again.
"Do you see how those two look at each other," I say.
"Like they know something? Yeah," Skylar responds with a bit of spite, she stares into the fire. "I'm going to bed." She lays down.
"You should get some sleep, we're leaving right at sunrise tomorrow," Skylar says before she actually goes to sleep.
I lay down and get in my sleeping bag, the crackling of the fire putting me to sleep.