Chapter 3

>>Kennedy<<
Don't trust them. The boys at least. The voice says, it was a gravelly voice, but I couldn't think of anyone who sounds like that.
How can I trust you, I don't even know what you look like. I tell the voice, but I don't know how I am even doing this.
Yes you do, I just won't let you. The voice says.

I wake up as the sun rises. No one else is up yet except for Henry.
"Should we wake the rest up," Henry asks looking at me.
"Yeah," I reply. "I got Skylar, you get Isaac."
I get up and walk over to Skylar, Henry walks to Isaac.
The conversation in what I'm guessing was a dream still rang in my head. Should I trust them?
I try to shake Skylar awake and she wakes up almost immediately.
"I need to talk to you," I whisper to her as I help her up.
"Okay?" She says as quietly as me. "We're just going to braid our hair before we get ready," she tells the boys so casually.
"Let's go over here," I tell her, pointing to a part of the woods where there was a tree cut down.
"What is it?" she asks sitting down on the stump, a little annoyance in her voice.
I start braiding her hair. "Last night there was a voice in my head, while I was sleeping."
"Keep going."
"It told me to not trust the boys, and I don't know what to believe," I tell her.
"Well isn't that funny," she says. "Cause a voice told me to not trust you."
So that's why she sounds annoyed.
"What?" I say as I finish her braid, just putting a hair tie in.
"Yeah, and it makes sense why. I mean I'm no idiot Kennedy, I know you and Henry know something," she says.
"I know as much as you do Skylar. Can you just braid my hair and get it over with," I tell her, and she does it without a word.

Once she was done braiding my hair we walk over to the boys, Skylar a step ahead of me.
"Were either one of you told last night that you shouldn't trust any of us?" I ask.
"Yeah," they said in sync, giving each other a glare.
"Let me guess. Each other?" I ask.
"And you," Isaac says.
"Did they say not to trust her?" I ask, pointing my thumb to the side at Skylar.
"No, they only said not to trust you and Henry," Isaac says.
"Mine said to not trust Isaac," Henry states.
Say 'You'. The same voice from the night before orders.
No, I reply somehow.
I'm trying to do this the easy way, say it before I make you. The voice says.
No, you can't make me. I say.
"You," I say unwillingly.
"Have," Isaac says, looking like he surprised himself.
"One," Henry says.
"Week," Skylar says and gets wide-eyed.
"Or," Henry says.
"Else," Isaac says.
Say 'someone' the voice says.
"Someone," I say because we need to know what this Voice wants us to know.
"Dies," Skylar says in such a small voice so it's just above a whisper.
We stand in silence looking at each other until I piece it all together.
"They want us to turn on each other," I say. "They wanted us to waste time arguing."