2 - September 1988 -

- September 1988 -

Anna groaned, falling on the old couch with a groan and earning a look from Tony, who was reading something sat on the floor.

"What's wrong?"

"My feet a killing me," she whined, kicking off her shoes

Pregnancy was catching up on her, and while early nausea had disappeared, heartburn and tiredness had replaced it rather quickly. Even after Tony had insisted she should leave her job or at least get shorter shifts, she had doubled her work in order to get money for the baby's stuff. He was paying for her medical bills, part of the food and stuff for the baby, but she still wanted to contribute to stuff.

"Do you want me to call someone?" he offered. "I know this masseuse and I swear on my life..."

"Dude," she interrupted him. "You got me pregnant. You own me foot rubs from that day until our kid is too big to be picked up. You might as well start right now."

Tony looked up, probably thinking Anna was joking, but her face was deadly serious.

Rolling his eyes, he moved himself to the couch, pulling her legs to his lap and working on her feet.

The small apartment looked even smaller with the crib – from IKEA, thanks to her insistence – he had put together standing against the opposite wall, just a few steps away from the changing table beside the couch.

The small wardrobe he'd bought – and matched the other two pieces – was still boxed, because they couldn't find a place to put it yet. Honestly, Tony had no idea of how Anna would fit the rest of the baby stuff in the flat, but she was sure trying.

His place, though, was completely different. A large crib that could probably fit three babies was already being handcrafted, along with a changing table, bouncy chair, two rocking chairs and an arm, all of them designed to fit the nursery perfectly. Instead of a wardrobe, the baby already had a closet full of clothes that would keep them warm or fresh – or just pretty for visits -, along with toys and more toys Tony would find when walking around town, blankets and shifts. As if it wasn't enough, Tony was also one call away from getting more clothes for the baby, this time with girlish or boyish colours depending on their baby's gender.

"So," he moved his fingers carefully, being sure he wouldn't tickle her and get kicked on the face. "My mother suggested Edward as a name. I like James. William is nice too."

"I don't know," she moved her hand to the bump, caressing it dismissively. "I still think we're having a girl."

"Y/N," he repeated the name you'd told him just days ago. "Y/N Stark. Sound good."

She smiled and Tony smirked, moving his hand up her ankle.

"We can reuse the name if the baby is a boy," he suggested, making her look at him in surprise and doubt.

"You want another baby?"

"If I don't get anyone in ten years, yeah," he shrugged. "It wouldn't be so bad. It's you, after all."

Anna shook her head.

"You're nuts."

"And... Well..." he caressed her skin with his fingertips. "Looking at you like this. With my kid and all? I really want you right now."

Anna looked at him with an arched eyebrow, chuckling right after.

"Well... It's not like I can get pregnant."