4 - October 1988 -

- 31st of October 1988 -

Anna groaned in frustration, covering her face with her hands

"Come on, Anna," Tony knocked on her door, impatient. "We're gonna be late."

"Go without me," she decided. "I don't want to go anymore."

There was a Halloween party happening on the campus and Tony was obviously invited, which prompted him to invite her to go with him.

"Are you okay?" he questioned, worried.

"Just go, Tony."

She looked... Huge. Extremely huge.

At 5 months pregnant, Anna barely recognised herself in the mirror. She was a lean girl, a bit taller than the usual, and her shape had completely changed with pregnancy. She had never paid much attention to her body but, right now, she absolutely hated it. She looked ready to pop, even though there were still 4 months to go.

Tony entered the room slowly, glancing at her lying on her side, already on the dress even though the accessories were still on the box he'd given her.

"Hey," he walked to the bed, kneeling down. "What's wrong?"

He was dressed as a milkman, and she was supposed to put on a vintage dress, which would create a joke the moment they were seen together.

The Milkman's baby.

"It's stupid," she muttered.

"I'm sure it's not."

Anna hesitated but turned to look at him.

"I look awful."

Tony was surprised and his face clearly showed. With the pregnancy, she looked so glorious.

"Oh, come on," he smiled openly. "You look so hot."

Anna shot him a scowl.

"Tony, I look like a whale."

"You look like someone who got a really good fuck," he corrected her. "And is now... Well... Packing the... consequence?"

"Yeah, I'm packing the consequence of an expired condom!" she slammed his arm. "Look... I don't like parties. They are your thing. And I look... I hate the way I look. I don't want to go."

He just kept looking at her. He didn't know what to say.

"Sorry about that," he muttered. "Is there anything I can do?"

She took a long breath.

"I just want to stay home."

He took off the hat in his head.

"Alright, then," he stood up. "Go change. I'll be right back."

He left the room, and she quickly changed to an old shirt she had stolen from him and, when Tony came back, it was just to get her to the living room. His belt was gone and his shoes as well, and the white shirt of the costume was out of his pants.

"Alright," he opened some buttons, looking much more relaxed, turning up a soap opera and waiting for her to sit down on the couch before doing the same and covering both of them with a blanket, smiling when Anna rested her weight on his chest and caressing her side.

"You're sure you don't want to go to the party?" she muttered. "I can stay here."

"Don't be silly," he rolled his eyes. "I rather stay here with you."

Anna smiled and felt her cheeks a bit warm when he kissed her forehead.

"Now, can you just remind me of who are those guys? I'm kinda lost."