20

{Niall's POV}

I am left on the street, alone and cold. I thought I would be able to talk Ken into forgiving me, but I guess not. I really convinced myself that this wouldn't be that bad of an idea. Usually I can talk myself out of anything that I have done, but this time I guess I am wrong. 

When she walked out here in that long white tee shirt and small athletic shorts I thought she was going to run into my arms so I could comfort her, but oh was I so wrong. When she saw me she went white, she wouldn't look at me for a minute either. She looked so beautiful and I ruined that look. I ruined her for now, I am not sure for how long. 

I waited out here for hours and was it even worth it? When she saw me I come to conclusion it wasn't. She told me that we shouldn't see each other for awhile, we need a break. A break from what though? Were we ever dating? No, but we were something... I know that. I know that I can't lose this girl right now. She has helped me so much in so many ways, she is different than what she comes off as. Her beauty, her personality, her everything. 

I am stuck in the middle of New York for a girl that I just came to try and get back, which failed miserably. I have no way home since I took a bus here and I have no clue where to go. I have only been to New York once and the city is so large that I have no clue what to do. 

I am having the urge to sit outside of her building until she comes out again and not leave until she talks to me, but what is she calls security on me or something... I could always have my dad come and pick me up, or even my mom. If I really needed someone I could call Zayn or Louis, but I think the best idea is just to wait, wait for her to come back out to me.

{Kennedy's POV}

He is still sitting out there waiting for me or someone to come out there. It has been almost four hours and it has also started to snow. He is still only wearing a sweatshirt and basketball pants and I can't help but feel bad for him. I was freezing my ass off when I went out there in my pajamas so I can't imagine how cold he is. 

Harry is still asleep in my bed while I have already showered and cleaned up for the day. I don't have any clue where my parents are either since they aren't in there room. They must have just gotten a hotel and spent the night down where their big meeting was. 

I walk to the kitchen window and see Niall down on the bench holding himself. The snow has probably already made an inch on the ground and he must be shaking for the cold. I go over to the counter and pour some coffee into a mug and set it on the counter. I walk down the hall and stumble into my room trying not to wake Harry, even though it is two in the afternoon. 

I walk over to my closet and open it up so I can bend down and grab a blanket. I find the biggest one of all of them and pick it up and leave my room. I go back to the kitchen and grab the coffee and take it and the blanket out in the hall and wait for the elevator to arrive. 

Once I get to the lobby i check my face and hair in a mirror and then go through the revolving door and outside. I walk over to Niall and hand him the blanket and coffee. His clothes are soaked from the snow and he is shivering. He wraps the blanket around himself and slowly takes a sip of the coffee. 

"You need to go somewhere, other than here." I tell him as I observe the state he is in. He nods him head without answering me. 

"I am so sorry Kennedy. I am so so sorry." He can't look up at me and I don't blame him, he is probably still afraid to get slapped again. "I have no where to go..."

"Well then, how did you get here? Go back the same way!" I mumble. 

"I took a bus, I don't even know how I found your place. I don't know where to go." Niall says quitely. 

"Can you wait put here for like ten more minutes?" I ask Niall as he tries to stay warm. He nods his head and i return up to my families apartment. 

I walk into my room and turned the light on. Harry moves in his sleep and I walk over to him and shake him back farther. 

"You need to get up and leave. I have crap to do." Harry opens his eyes and sits up in bed. He gives me a disgusted look as he gets up and gets dressed. 

"Sorry for the enjoining." He says to me with attitude and leaves me room. I can hear the front door slam shut and I know he has left. 

I wait a few minutes and then walk back out to the hall and go down the elevator and go back outside. I wave Niall over and he stands up and hurries over to me. I grab my blanket and fold it up as we wait for the elevator back up to the apartment. 

"Miss Lane, who is this?" I don't need to turn around to know the voice, my father. 

"Daddy!" I turn around with a smile on my face. "This is Niall, he is a friend of mine from college and wa out visiting a friend and wanted to stop by and see me! Isn't that sweet!" 

"Nice to meet you Sir." Niall turns around and shakes me fathers hand. The elevators door opens and Niall and I step in and I quickly hit the button to shut the doors before my mom makes it over to get in.

"Daddy." Niall laughs to himself. "I thought you would only call me that." 

"Would you like to be back out on the street in the snow?" The door opens and I walk down the hall and open up the door to our apartment. "My room is strait down the hall, second door on the right." Niall walks ahead of me as I put the mug in the sink and walk the blanket I gave him to the washroom and set it on the ground. 

I walk to my room and see Niall already cuddled into my bed. I shut the door behind me and sit down next to him. He doesn't move any closer to me probably knowing that I will move away from him. 

"What time did you arrive here?" I ask him as he moves farther under my blankets. 

"Around six this morning, i didn't even know if this was the right place." He admits. "I just wanted to see. I hoped on the greyhound and came here, for you." I lay down on my bed next to him, but not under the covers. He is still shaking from the cold...

"Did you think I was just going to forgive you? You do this over and over again. It feels like a never ending cycle with you more and more often and it is hard to take. I thought we were actually starting to become something Niall, something real, then I get that picture and everything I have built up breaks down. you tear me apart without even trying. It kills me." I wipe my eyes trying not to break down. 

Niall sits up and pulls me towards him. I do not resist and he wraps his arms around me. 

"I don't meant to do any of this, it just happens. Kennedy, I want you so bad, in so many ways. I can't stop thinking about you and how you make me feel." I pull away from Niall and try to catch my breath. 

"Then act like it Niall! I went to college with the idea of it not being this stressful and aving not so much drama, and when I think about it all, it involves around you! Just you! You cause a lot of things to go wrong and then you go N run and hide and act all hurt! This is why no one wants to be around you for awhile. When you are upset you get hammered and then you get in even more crap! How many times have I rescued you? Please you need to understand this!" I get up from my bed and walk around my room trying to calm myself down before I snap. 

"Ken.. please calm down." 

"No, you need to listen to me. You know everything I just said was true, now listen to me. Admit you have a problem you can't fix. How many girls have you been talking to or gotten nudes from when you are with me? How may people have you tried to talk into doing things behind my back? I know we are not together, but from what I could tell we were a thing. Grow up, Niall!" I run my hands through my hair and pick up a jacket on my ground, which I realize is Harry's.