Grave

Disclaimer: SNS ain't mine

Chapter 2

Grave

Soma got up from the bench and went to the parking lot where he left his moped yesterday.

He's been walking a lot lately that he always forgot to take his moped, which results for him becoming later to his classes than ever and eventually missing them. Which also results of him getting yelled by the headmistress for being a truant whenever they unexpectedly meet on the hallway.

Nakiri always seemed to know if he'd gone to his classes for some reason.

He sighed as he finally found his moped, he hopped into it while putting on his helmet and started the engine. He then rode off away from Totsuki to go to his home in Sumiredori shopping district.

After minutes of riding, he parked his moped and got off from it.

Seeing that the diner was open, he must have known that his dad opened it for a worthwhile. He got inside and saw regular costumers enjoying their meal and Joichiro in the kitchen.

Joichiro looked up to see who got inside and smiled that his son was here.

With a knowing look in his eyes, Soma immediately knew that he had to help with his dad. So after greeting with costumers who knew the son, Soma went to the kitchen.

"Prepare two bowls of rice, chop the lettuce and take out those marinated eggs from the fridge" Joichiro commanded as he vigorously stir his spatula on the pan. Soma obeyed what the older Yukihira said.

"One bowl of motsu-nabe please!" a costumer exclaimed to which the head chef responded to his order in the same energy.

Just some minutes later though, Soma's phone vibrated in his jacket. And it vibrated a lot.

The father and son duo went on until they closed the diner for the night.

Soma cleaned the counters and proceed to wash the dishes. While Joichiro locked the diner's door and turned to look at his son.

During their work in the kitchen, the infamous Asura can tell that his spawn is feeling under the weather.

But of course he knew what is it and it is not rare in this time of year.

Every time when Tamako's death anniversary is approaching, Soma would have this unlikely behavior like spacing out and have a much less attention span than usual. Sometimes a tear would unintentionally fall down his cheeks.

And the older Yukihira knows that approaching his son first in the usual teasing manner would be a good idea. Since he too, don't want that at first.

That and their shokugeki can be settled after their mourning or so.

So he greeted his son with a genuine smile, to which Soma smiled back. Their smile was bittersweet.

And if someone was looking at the father and son right now, one could tell that they both have the same amber eyes glazed with longing and sadness.

"Tomorrow we'll leave early, father is also here. He'd gone straight to his room"

Soma nodded at the info.

Then they both go to their rooms after a small talk of their day.

Soma laid down his bed and stared on the ceiling for a while.

He then remembered that he did not make contact to his friends nor remind them that he's at his home.

So he took out his phone and saw 4 missed calls from Megumi, 7 texts and 1 missed call from Isshiki, and 10 missed calls from Erina.