Chapter 10: The Need to Know

Omniscient
Manhattan, New York
Sunday, February 28th
4:04 a.m.

Angie tossed down the large packets of paperwork onto the table, looking back and forth between Jada and Carter. "These are their schedules but y'all, there's no way we can tell the times they're leaving to see each other, going to the store, all that stuff."

"So we follow them. Find out their routines, find out who they talk to, what their hobbies are. There's three of us and only two of them," Cartier said.

"I don't—"

"Angie shut up. You got into this knowingly. Nobody forced your hand. You could've just said no, but you didn't and there's no backing out now. You already spent half of our money. Stop complaining because you're the closest one to her. We need you."

"Whatever," She flipped down onto Cartier's couch beside him. "What are you geniuses planning to even do?"

"Like I said, we follow them. This will take a while so Cartier," Jada looked at him straight in his eyes. "You will be patient. You're going to see them having sex so don't let that make you mad enough to get us caught."

"Me?!"

"You react off of your emotions, like a woman."

Cartier sucked his teeth and sank down deeper into his couch.

None of them seemed to even like one another, but ultimately they needed each other.

Omniscient
Manhattan, New York
Sunday, February 28th
6:19 a.m.

Onika wrapped her arms tighter around Beyoncé's waist once she felt her start to move. She opened her eyes and looked up to see Beyoncé staring down at her.

"I'm not going anywhere baby."

"Okay," Onika mumbled silently then let her go.

Beyoncé went into the bathroom and used it then washed her hands. When she came out, Onika was sitting up, staring at her. She crawled back into the bed, kissing Onika's nose.

"Are you tired of me?"

"Huh?"

"I know how annoying it can be for me to be asking you if you're leaving every moment of the day. It's aggravating, I know."

"Are you okay with telling me why you think I'm gonna leave you? I know it just doesn't go away when I tell you that I'm not going anywhere. I just wanna know where it came from."

Onika laid back on the bed. She thought about telling Beyoncé everything, but her mind kept telling her that Beyoncé would definitely leave. It happened that way all the time for her, so she was afraid.

Beyoncé laid beside her, intertwining their fingers. She turned her head to face her, and that made Onika look at her.

"Talk to me baby."

"I told you that one of my friends got me into dating a week at a time, but she left me for it. Me and Eva were dating for almost two years and she just up and left me. She didn't even tell me anything. One day, I woke up, and she was gone, all of her stuff was gone too. It was like she'd just left without a trace," Onika sniffed as she held back her tears. "And it was like she'd completely recreated my father's disappearance. I told her all about it, and she promised me that she wouldn't leave the way he did, then she did."