Chapter 11: Forever Ruined

Angie followed behind Cartier, trying to stay far enough behind so he wouldn't see her. After her call with Beyoncé, she was already on her quest to making Cartier disappear. Beyoncé seemed pretty sure so Angie was going to come through then she would take on the challenge of Jada.

When he made a turn, she stopped for a few seconds before following him again. She pulled her sunglasses down over her eyes so she was a bit more concealed.

He turned around but she continued walking like she wasn't even paying attention to him. He turned right back around to continue walking, and she silently congratulated herself.

She hadn't even seen or heard Jada coming up behind her.

Cartier never left the parking garage so when Beyoncé made the phone call, he'd heard everything. He knew to be on the lookout for any woman following him, and he had already alerted Jada who he'd crossed paths with at Onika's apartment complex. They already didn't like each other—their personalities clashed horribly—but there was nothing they could do, but help each other.

Jada clasped her hand over Angie's mouth, yanking her into an enclosed space sunken near the sidewalk. Angie never got a chance to fight back or scream. When she tried to, her eyes trained on Cartier who was now standing over her with his arms crossed.

Silently, Angie fumed.

Omniscient
Manhattan, New York
Sunday, February 28th
9:07 p.m.

"I—"

Beyoncé looked back at her girlfriend with a full laugh as she basically got cursed out by her boss. She wasn't able to save Onika this time, it was one hundred percent her fault.

Onika took the phone away from her ear, and Beyoncé could hear Adalene yelling, but the way she spoke was somehow so respectful. Beyoncé couldn't contain her laughter.

"Okay," Onika hung up the phone in the middle of Aden's speaking then dropped her phone inside her Chanel purse.

"You should've lied."

They were back at the aquarium, simply because Beyoncé had picked up on how much Onika actually liked it. Beyoncé found herself completely mesmerized by the admiration Onika had for every living creature celled up for their entertainment. She was sure that's not how Onika saw it. She knew Onika had an appreciation for it all because they were living, breathing, hoping creatures just like she was.

Beyoncé adored the way Onika's mind worked.

"I can't lie to her like you can," Onika walked up to her, linking her arm in Beyoncé's. "We're too close."

"Well it's your fault anyway so you can't blame her."

"I just missed you."

"You could've missed me at home."

Onika stayed silent, feeling her heart flutter inside her chest. There was nothing like hearing what was in Beyoncé's mind. Her saying home brought Onika so much comfort.

As they advanced more into the aquarium, Beyoncé could see Onika's anticipation to leave her side. Beyoncé let her hand go, following her lead to the exhibit. She stood behind Onika, pointing between all the scarce water animals.