Body Types

As a girl, it's super hard to know your body and how to dress it. Identify with in one you are here!

Straight Body Type
The bust and hips are basically the same size. The waist is slightly smaller than the bust and hips.
Dressing the straight body: You have the most common body type. Over 45% of American women have a Straight body shape (sometimes called rectangle or ruler). This means that your hips and bust are balanced and your waist is not very defined. You probably have a bottom that is more flat than round. You tend to gain weight in your torso first and then your upper thighs and arms. Your lower legs are always shapely and one of your best assets.
The key to dressing a Straight body type is to proportionally dress the top and bottom of your body while enhancing your waist. If you are comfortable doing so, you can wear form fitting clothing (such as a tube-type dress) and create a waist by adding a wide, dark belt. However, to create a more curvaceous effect add volume (or the illusion of volume) proportionally to your upper and lower body by mixing and matching suggested separates.
Tops

Look for tops that will add curves to your upper half and create a more defined waist:
Tops with nipped or belted waists.
Off the shoulder, boat-neck tops, wide V or U necks.
Structured shoulders, princess or flutter sleeves.
Embellishments around the bust and shoulders.
Tops that are full, rushed or flowing around the bust.
Bottoms

Look for bottoms that add curves to your lower half while creating an hourglass effect:

Go for details such as whiskering, embellished pockets & flap pockets.Cargo or safari pants with pronounced hip and rear pockets.Pants with full or moderately flared legs.Full, tiered or bubble skirts.Mid to low-rise waists with wide waistbands.

Pear Body Type
The hips are larger than the bust, and the waist gradually slopes out to the hips.

How to Dress a Pear Body Shape

The key to dressing a pear body type is to enhance and add volume (or the illusion of volume) to your upper body while emphasizing your waist and de-emphasizing your lower body to create a balanced, hourglass appearance. Learn more about how to dress a pear body type by by mixing and matching the below suggested separates .

Tops for a Pear Body Shape

When dressing a pear body type, look for tops that will will help balance your lower half while accentuating your defined waist:

Tops with nipped or fitted waists.
Off the shoulder, boat-neck tops, wide V or U necks.
Structured shoulders, princess or flutter sleeves.
Embellishments around the bust and shoulders.
Bright colors and bold patterns.

Billowy tops that add volume to the bust with a snug fitting waist. Add flutter or princess sleeves for a more dramatic effect.
Shirts with a fitted waist, and embellishments around the bust and shoulders to balance your lower half.
Find dress shirts with structured or princess shoulders and a darted waist.
Wear wrap shirts that emphasize your small waist with full or structured shoulders and a wide neckline. Wear a padded bra for an enhanced effect.
Jackets with full or structured shoulders and a nipped-in waist in hip-length. Draw attention to your bust with pockets or details. Stay away from lower pockets.
Off the shoulder shirts or shirts with wide necklines and a fitted or nipped-in waist will widen and draw attention to your slim shoulders and emphasize your small waist.
[wp_ad_camp_2]

Bottoms for a Pear Body Shape

To dress a pear body type, look for bottoms that will minimize your lower half:

Lightly gathered skirts that skim your body without adding volume.Avoid details such as whiskering and embellished pockets.Pants that fall straight from the widest part of your hip.A-Line skirts.Darker colors, clean lines and simple stitching.