A Problem

Okay lovely people, I'm doing this thing where if you message me with a problem, I'll respond in a chapter and give you the best solution I can think of!

On with it.
A common problem a girl has is....that one friend.
Y'all know what I'm talking about. That girl that gives you backhand compliments in the way that if you said something really rude back, she'd get all up in your face and you'd be to blame. But not saying anything lets her win.

She may say things like:

"Your hair actually doesn't look like a rats nest today!"
"That's a pretty shirt, I saw it for five dollars at Target."
"Your annoying Hun, don't get all offended though, I'm just being honest."
That last line that's italicized is not okay to say. This is how I judge my sentences. If I have to say 'no offense' before it or 'just kidding' after it, it's not okay to say. Because guess what? You probably were not kidding, and yes, I will take offense if you say something hurtful.

How to handle?

Cut her out! If someone stresses you out, or when they leave you feel relieved, weed them out of your life. Think of yourself as a tree. You need roots to be healthy. But if one root is really sick and is infecting the tree, it's time to cut the root away to keep the entire tree healthy. If one girl is spreading negativity in your life, get rid of her, she's not worth it. And I totally understand how hard that can be, especially if she was a longtime friend, or was close to you. But she ain't worth your precious time. Let go of the bad people in your life to make room for some people that make you feel good about yourself. Anyone else isn't worth it.

Need help with a friend? Message me!