Chapter 7: I'm Ingrid

Ingrid's Point Of View
She seemed to hold herself well, she has the fame that many wish for, the life many hope to live, children to be proud of, she has beauty but she does not flaunt it, she has the right family to born in though she treasures the little things, she is who gave my husband six children and I have yet to give him one, she did not have to complete with his other wife, she is a farmer, mother, princess, shield maiden, warlord, wife, daughter and has many men who follow her anywhere she goes, Bjorn's best friend being one of them, Erik The Red. I was going to speak with her. I want to know what Bjorn fell in love with enough to stay with her for over twenty years and have six children.

I walked around the Great Hall while Bjorn was sitting with Gunnhild talking about something or another because I know that it will be her in his bed before I get any attention tonight because it was always Gunnhild then me. He was with Gunnhild before me, I was just a slave girl and then for some reason Lagertha made me free. Bjorn took an interest in me and then Gunnhild, Bjorn and I where all married. And now his ex wife and children are back in town. The doors to the Great Hall opened and Jarl Borg, Princess Torvi, Prince Erik, Prince Guthrum, Princess Siggy, Prince Hali, Princess Asa and Prince Ragnar. They joined Lagertha's table and Torvi was being pulled into Jarl Borg's lap through I saw the way Bjorn was acting he was bothered by the fact that Torvi has moved on.

Torvi got out of her chair and left saying that she had to go and feed her son, Jarl Borg let her leave and I wanted to talk with her so I left. She was sitting on the docks feeding not in her house or room like many of the other mothers do. I sat down next to her and she did not move other then her baby to the other side.

"I'm Ingrid." I said to break the silence that was between the two of us.

"I know who you are." She said back while looking out over the waterfront.

"I've heard many things about you." I told her and all she did was put her baby down and then stand up taking off her dress and then picking up her son taking his clothes off then getting into the water. I sat watching not knowing what to think of her because she seemed to know what she was doing and Erik was standing at the end of the docks watching over Torvi as was another man who I did not know.

"I want to speak with you." I said as she was getting dressed again but all she did was say,

"Why do you think that I wish to speak with you, I know how it will work you or Gunnhild will get with child and then when one of you have a son you will try to kill mine or make them have no love in the eyes of their father so no I do not wish to speak with you and if you do not leave me alone then I will let Erik and Toke do what they please with you." She told me and then I knew that I wanted to speak with her and no man would dare touch the wife of Bjorn Ironside.

"No you do not understand I wish to speak with you." I told her and she nodded then said,

"Speak before I change my mind." She told me and I was thanking the Gods right now that I was going to be able to speak with her.

"How come Lagertha loves you but not me?" I asked and I saw her looking up behind us her men where coming closer to us.

"I love Lagertha because of everything we've been through together and that is the same for her, if you want her love then earn her respect that is how you get her love."

She told me then left me but I followed her. She did not go back to the Great Hall but to the where all the slaves where partying. They welcomed her like she was one of them, I was a slave and I heard how she made many of the slaves lives better, helped them become warriors or farmers what ever they wanted but it was only after she saw the goodness in their hearts because she looks for the good in people and she has many people who still want her back in Kattegat. The brothers of Bjorn all met their wives through Torvi, they all love her and standing here I see that the people love her and even back in the Great Hall I could see that my husband loves her too. I walked up a bit but I was stopped by her men Erik and Toke, it was Toke who spoke,

"Do not do it, leave her alone. You took her life from her and now she's having a little time for herself and her son. Stop trying to become her, Bjorn and her did not work out so why would you wish to be her? Now leave her alone, if not for a tomorrow then at least tonight, Ingrid." But I did not want to listen so I walked around him and Erik picked me up and walked me back to the Great Hall.

"Leave her alone or we will have a problem and it will also be with Bjorn not just you." Then he left me to go back to Torvi and Toke.

"Where did you go off to?" Bjorn asked me as I sat down on his other side.

"To speak with Torvi, she has men looking out for her, men who are loyal to your mother." I told Bjorn quietly so that only the three of us could hear, Gunnhild, Bjorn and myself.

"That is what she does she saves them on and off the battlefield so they give her loyalty my mother does not mind that they are loyal to Torvi because she sees Torvi as family." Bjorn told the two of us while Gunnhild nodded then Jarl Borg said.

"Goodnight, I will be going to bed, Erik, Guthrum, Siggy, Hali and Asa are you going to stay with your mother and I or your father and his wives?" He asked and I saw Asa turn her head into Lagertha saying something and Hali did the same with Ubbe as did Siggy with Margrethe it was Erik and Guthrum who got up and left.

"The youngest ones are staying with Bjorn tonight though the eldest sons are staying with you and Torvi, Goodnight Jarl Borg." Lagertha said then Jarl Borg left with Erik and Guthrum following behind him.